• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Anyone played "Final Battle"?

Oi!Oi!Oi! said:
I played on it yesterday. The map looks great and it's fun. I didnt see anything about it here.

If you haven't seen it yet, its basically a city in rubbles with 2 tanks and 3 objectives. Something between Konigsplatz and Odessa.

hmm, never heard of that one. I thought most mappers pimped their stuff here for maximum exposure. it does sound pretty interesting. I'll have to check it out.

Upvote 0
Spawning in hot areas does occur, but somehow it's never a real big problem. It's a very good map, but it takes some time to get used to the layout.
I'm not fond of combined arms maps, but with this one it seems not very disturbing ;)
The house-to-house fighting is very well done. Great attention to details, too bad only french servers seem to run it, even for me it's difficult to understand all that french.

Monk.

Upvote 0
Heinz said:
hmm, never heard of that one. I thought most mappers pimped their stuff here for maximum exposure. it does sound pretty interesting. I'll have to check it out.

As it's one of Joe's maps you would have to visit the French sites for maximum pimpage.

Am I the only person to think that the name 'Last Battle II' is kinda dumb? Like 'The Neverending Story part II'

Upvote 0
Oi!Oi!Oi! said:
I played on it yesterday. The map looks great and it's fun. I didnt see anything about it here.

If you haven't seen it yet, its basically a city in rubbles with 2 tanks and 3 objectives. Something between Konigsplatz and Odessa.
Ah, I was just about to post something about this map. Played it last night for the first time, Last Battle II b2 or something close to that.

Holy smokes that is an intense fight. Looked like just about every building could be entered and most had 3 levels, plus roof in some places. Plus you also got the whole train yard area type place with the small hill running parallel to the buildings and train stuff. Most fun I've had on any map so far! Although, it could use some help in the FPS dept., lowest I get in any map, 30's and some pink occassionally.

Cowering in a corner while the panzer in the street 5 feet away blasts away.... You can almost feel the concussion as the 2 tanks lob shells at eachother. I sure as hell was 'suppressed'!

I've found that most of the combined arms maps just aren't as fun as a straight tank, or straight infantry map, but this one changed my mind.

Upvote 0