• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How did 3rd Reich get their name

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROMMEL34 said:
From what I read somewhere on a website (forgot the name of it anyone?) it mentioned that Hitler and the Germans were fanatical Catholics and Protestants who thought they were doing God's work by killing jews because they believed the jews were responsable for Jesus death.

Me thinks thats called Communism not Nazism. Damm communist censors:)
The NAZI's were trying to replace traditional Christian Hollidays with Nordic themed Holidays. There might be some Polish dudes here that can attest to the NAZI abuse of Catholic in Poland.

I saw a series on the History channel about the NAZI occultists, included was a segment about a NAZI castle where high ranking officials would hold pagan rituals in a special room encircled with decapitated 'Aryan Ideal' heads. :confused: WTF!?!

Upvote 0
BuddyLee said:
I saw a series on the History channel about the NAZI occultists, included was a segment about a NAZI castle where high ranking officials would hold pagan rituals in a special room encircled with decapitated 'Aryan Ideal' heads. :confused: WTF!?!
Yes and apparently the heads were supposed to come back to life (but didnt)... freaky **** :eek:

I believe RTCW got alot of its inspiration from those stories :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
EvilHobo said:
They did.

But it failed miserably.

no we didn't,
it was just to help the poland by trying to catch som division on the western side. (like what have already done during ww1 for russian)

It is stupid to consider that as an invasion due to the neutral country around, the corridor was too small to support an invasion.

Yes france was a democraty, we didn't violated any country contrary to germans style ...

Moreover atm french didn't have the human ressources to go to war (600 000 "first hand soldier vs 1.2 million germans "first hand soldier") due to the extermination of entirely generations during ww1 ...

Also , Without weimar republic = no mg34, no panzer, no blitzkrieg, no kriegmarine etc ... no good revival economy (which have been taken by the nazi for their benefits)

Upvote 0
ROMMEL34 said:
Code:
Hitler allowed the destruction of Jewish     synagogues and temples, but not Christian churches.
I saw another show about how the NAZI's had special SS Squads whom's mission was to deface churches, they even boarded people up in churches and set fire to them.

The guy who runs that site is a moron.

Upvote 0
This google vid explains more http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3014581497309209211&q=hitler+occult

at 52:41 there is a quote from Hitler 1943:

"for our people it is decisive whether they aknowledge the jewish/christ creed, with its' effeminate pity ethics, or a strong,heroic belief in 'God in Nature', 'God in Our own People', in Our Destiny, in our Blood"

This next vid may be more entertaining...? http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4360800110742625275&q=hitler+occult

Part 2 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3797889292300937848&q=hitler+occult

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[RO]schneidzekk said:
The nazi guys were everything but catholic, they were more like atheists, but loved the idea of the nordic gods. Germany has a strong catholic backgrund and i guess they used it for their goals, but thats all.

Talking about the SS- Runes.
Strikes me the childish ideas that some of the nazis had.
The semingly deperate search for a own historical identity is interesting.
What in the german mentality at that time made them try to link to the past in such redicolous ways.
There are numerous examples of german historians trying to link the reich to historical events as well as plain myths. Perhaps was it a way to move avay from the traditional strong position of the crhistian church ,
at the same time that the german people suffered greatly.
Makes one think ...Would we also turn to this , if we didnt have religion or the money to shop ourselves senceless
Wich gods would we invent? and what devils?

Nb Beeing a Swede, its unfortunate that the SS used our old myths
Makes it inpossible to use our own herritage without beeing linked to facism

Upvote 0
I would also like to point out that there were many people of the catholic chruch (priest,nuns, etc. etc. etc.) who where concentration camps, so don't think the 3rd R realy gave a damn about the catholic religion. One of the most noted was a Catholic Jesuit priest (believe he was a jesuit) kept in sachsenhausen, in the political prisoner section (even worse, as most in this area where tortured every day for years instead of killed), he was known as Hitler's personal prisoner. Sorry didn't mean to remble on, just don't think they had any type of religous agenda or real influence other than using it for proganda and recruitment.

Upvote 0
I'm probably going to get a lot of heat for this, and so before I begin, I want to state that I'm NOT a skin head or a neo-Nazi or a racist of any kind.

But in my opinion, Nazi Germany is hated more than any past nation/empire in all of history. It has reached the point where it is now blind hatred for Nazi Germany. American kids don't even know WHY Nazi Germany is considered evil. They just say "Hitler" and "the Holocaust."

Yes, the Holocaust was a terrible genocide, certainly among the worst genocides of all time. But I should add there are many genocides that, at least by the numbers, matched or even surpassed the Holocaust.

The Native Americans in North America: tens of millions killed
The Aztecs: 13 million killed over 60 years, millions enslaved*
The Incas: millions killed, millions enslaved*
*I think it's fair to say that the Spaniards were actually the most brutal regime in recorded history, killing and enslaving millions and destroying entire civilizations purely out of greed. I haven't even mentioned the Spanish Inquistion either.
North America: millions of Africans enslaved
Rwanda: 1 million killed, millions displaced
Cambodia: millions killed under Pol Pot
Russia and Ukraine: millions killed under Stalin
Bosnia and Kosovo: 500,000 killed, millions displaced
Palestine/Israel: 750,000 Palestinians displaced

These are just a small list of many of the terrible massacres and crimes against humanity. Yet you find little hatred about them in popular culture, at least here in the USA. Heck, American cowboys and settlers and pioneers are idolized in this country. Movies depict the Indians as barbaric blood-thirsty savages rather than people being ethnically cleansed and forced off of their land.

World War II was a terrible war, but I don't think it's fair to call it a war of good vs evil. Every side was guilty of crimes against humanity. The USA deliberately nuked civilian population centers in Japan to win the war by sheer terror. There's a word for that. It's called terrorism. You won't hear that in US classrooms though.

The Germans under Nazi Germany supported their country. They were patriotic and actually believed they were the "good guys." They actually liked Hitler. Most of them were unaware of the Holocaust. They saw the war as liberating Germany from the unfair post-WWI penalties and restrictions on Germany's military, industry, and economy. I think it's incredibly naive to believe that the average Nazi soldier had pure evil pumping through his veins. He was fighting for his country, just like the American pilots who dropped the nuclear bomb on Hiroshima.

Anyway, I think it's pretty close-minded to view WW2 as a war between good vs evil. I think it was an evil war all-around, with every population manipulated by their leaders and elites into perceiving the enemy as inhuman and worthy of neither pity nor mercy. People on both sides killed people they didn't even know. Think about that for a moment. If you were going to kill someone, wouldn't you at least want to know who the person was? If he was a good person or a bad person? If he had a family? If he even wanted to be in the war or if he was forced into it? The purpose of propoganda is to portray the enemy as inhuman so that soldiers don't even think about those questions (or at least don't think about them until after the war is over).

After WW2, American and Russian soldiers met in some places in Germany and partied together. A couple years later, the Cold War made each side consider the other pure evil bent on world domination. Isn't that strange?

Anyway, that's my rant. Play the game, be aware of history, but don't be naive to buy into the good vs evil propoganda. Nazi Germany was just another empire in a history filled with empires. There were good things and there were terrible things. There were regular people and there were devils.

Upvote 0
ROMMEL34 said:
Me thinks thats called Communism not Nazism. Damm communist censors:)
Stalinist Communists (along with most other flavors of Communism, for that matter) were just as fascist as the Nazis were and vice-versa. None of them believed or believe in the good of the individual, and that the individual doesn't matter one bit over the masses...

They also believed those masses were basically stupid sheep to be lead wherever the leadership decided to go.

About the above: Nazi GERMANY wasn't evil, but the Nazis were and still are.

As for Nagasaki and Hiroshima....

Umm, it's kinda hard to nuke a SMALL section of town. We at least chose an industrial center and a shipyard... The US was also facing a casualty count estimate of something like 500,000 to invade and bring Japan down. The Japanese were busy training their civilian population to resist invasion. There was a lot of credence to those claims after the operations in the Pacific, with Japanese soldiers holding out literally to the last man in several places. The resistance US and Commonwealth troops met on those islands can only be called fanatical.

You've got two choices: throw more troops into a nation whose troops and often civilians have shown to be fanatical by holding out to the last in previous, smaller invasions. Or just nuke them and not have to fill a bunch of your own body bags.

Sorry to say it, but my gov't's job should be to keep it's OWN citizens and soldiers alive FIRST.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
{YBBS}Sage said:
Stalinist Communists (along with most other flavors of Communism, for that matter) were just as fascist as the Nazis were and vice-versa. None of them believed or believe in the good of the individual, and that the individual doesn't matter one bit over the masses...

They also believed those masses were basically stupid sheep to be lead wherever the leadership decided to go.

About the above: Nazi GERMANY wasn't evil, but the Nazis were and still are.

As for Nagasaki and Hiroshima....

Umm, it's kinda hard to nuke a SMALL section of town. We at least chose an industrial center and a shipyard... The US was also facing a casualty count estimate of something like 500,000 to invade and bring Japan down. The Japanese were busy training their civilian population to resist invasion. There was a lot of credence to those claims after the operations in the Pacific, with Japanese soldiers holding out literally to the last man in several places. The resistance US and Commonwealth troops met on those islands can only be called fanatical.

You've got two choices: throw more troops into a nation whose troops and often civilians have shown to be fanatical by holding out to the last in previous, smaller invasions. Or just nuke them and not have to fill a bunch of your own body bags.

Sorry to say it, but my gov't's job should be to keep it's OWN citizens and soldiers alive FIRST.

Then by your own logic, had 9/11 caused America to withdraw all of its troops from the Middle East, then Al Qaeda could justify the attack as having saved lives and prevented a long, drawn out war.

You see what I'm getting at? With regards to moral issues, the ends DO NOT justify the means. If Hitler won WW2 and 100 years later Europe ended up being happy and united (everyone speaks German), that still wouldn't have made WW2 a good thing.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were civilian targets. In fact, the US military targeted them because they were untouched by the allied firebombing that ravaged other cities like Tokyo. The allies wanted to Hiroshima and Nagasaki as demonstrations, or experiments, if you will, of a nuclear bomb's effect on an untouched city. You can't justify it. You can cry it would have shortened the war or saved lives or they would have done it to us, blah blah blah. It doesn't justify terrorism against civilians. The US intentionally targeted civilians knowing full well that thousands would die.

Of course, Germany, Japan, and every major power involved in WW2 did the same thing. But that doesn't make it right. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Just admit that the US was morally wrong to nuke Japanese civilians.

Upvote 0
skypirate said:
Then by your own logic, had 9/11 caused America to withdraw all of its troops from the Middle East, then Al Qaeda could justify the attack as having saved lives and prevented a long, drawn out war.

You see what I'm getting at? With regards to moral issues, the ends DO NOT justify the means. If Hitler won WW2 and 100 years later Europe ended up being happy and united (everyone speaks German), that still wouldn't have made WW2 a good thing.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were civilian targets. In fact, the US military targeted them because they were untouched by the allied firebombing that ravaged other cities like Tokyo. The allies wanted to Hiroshima and Nagasaki as demonstrations, or experiments, if you will, of a nuclear bomb's effect on an untouched city. You can't justify it. You can cry it would have shortened the war or saved lives or they would have done it to us, blah blah blah. It doesn't justify terrorism against civilians. The US intentionally targeted civilians knowing full well that thousands would die.

Of course, Germany, Japan, and every major power involved in WW2 did the same thing. But that doesn't make it right. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Just admit that the US was morally wrong to nuke Japanese civilians.
USA was right to drop the ATOM Bomb on the GD Japs. They showed our people no mercy. And they brought it on themselves.

And furthermore, I believe all countries where our troops are stationed in the Mid-East invited our millitary into there country.(even the Kurds in Iraq wanted USA to oust Saddam).

The Spanish must have tripped out when they seen the south american indians cutting the hearts out of tens of thousands of people in week long rituals... enough blood to flow down the steps of a pyramid like a river. Those indians were definately war-like, and would have killed all the Spaniards if they had the chance.

Upvote 0
skypirate said:
World War II was a terrible war, but I don't think it's fair to call it a war of good vs evil. Every side was guilty of crimes against humanity. The USA deliberately nuked civilian population centers in Japan to win the war by sheer terror. There's a word for that. It's called terrorism.

If there hadn't been a Pearl Harbor, there wouldn't have been a Hiroshima.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.