• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Team Fortress 2!

screw the models! what about the gameplay? Look at the classes. SAME AS THE OLD TFC! This is definently going to be a rushed remake so every fanboy will say "TEAM FORTRESS 2!! MUST BUY!" Well it is a different art style but I cant even imagine how it will look like on pc. That screen is supposed to be a sample of the Xbox 360 version. This is definently going to be a **** up. Why else would they release it for consoles?

Upvote 0
Not all fps on consoles suck. However, all console fps ported to PC, do suck. That includes those that are simultaneously developed for both. Consolification ruins games. Look at Deus Ex 2, Thief 3, CoD 2 (CoD wasn't great, but CoD 2 was just a joke). They were fine on consoles, but they were complete steaming piles on PC.

Upvote 0
PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN said:
Not all fps on consoles suck. However, all console fps ported to PC, do suck. That includes those that are simultaneously developed for both. Consolification ruins games. Look at Deus Ex 2, Thief 3, CoD 2 (CoD wasn't great, but CoD 2 was just a joke). They were fine on consoles, but they were complete steaming piles on PC.
CoD2 was better than CoD1 imo, and I

Upvote 0
Why does everyone knock CoD2 so hard? I thoroughly enjoyed it. The multiplayer was lackluster and no different than CoD's multiplayer, but I'm used to multiplayer games that are more objective based.

The storyline was great, the music was great, the graphics were good, and gameplay was great (the health regen was a fantastic idea, IMO. You don't have a mountain of health so you can't just charge out guns blazing, but now you no longer get stuck b/c the game auto-saved you with a sliver of HP in front of a German MG).

Upvote 0
Actually I'm more concerned with having to buy TF2 with Episode 2 and "portal" than the stupid graphics. I don't want episode 2, because then I would have to buy episode 1 *cough* rip off *cough*. If TF2 is actually good and preserves the TFC gameplay before the big mistakes were made (e.g. teleporters), then I want TF2 not episode 2 or whatever the hell portal is. Of course if episode 1 is thrown in with episode 2 before release... then I might buy it, but without that, TF2 would have to be over the top amazing for me to even consider buying valve's gay bundle (seriously, why must they bundle ALL of their games?).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Murphy: Thief 1&2 were awesome :) Thief 3 was ok, but the problem with consolification is the way they over-simplify everything. In Thief's case they took away so many features and put very little back in. No more rope arrows, no more swordplay, simplified inventory and items, etc. Deus Ex 2 was worse though. Don't get me wrong, on it's own it was a good game, but as the sequel to what I consider one of the best SP games ever made, it was just disappointing. No more inventory system at all, one type of ammo that fit all guns, less items in the world, massively reduced key controls, etc.

Same again in CoD 2. Icons on the screen, reduced controls (only 2 weapons you swap between, one-button grenade spam, etc), massively reduced recoil, tiny maps, etc, etc. For a console it works great, that's why they did it. For a PC game though, it's just bollocks. Sure they introduced some nice features, like mantling, and the way the ironsights move, but I just find the good is massively outweighed by the bad. The SP didn't impress me either, as they cut massive corners to artificially make it more difficult, i.e. Unlimited respawns on most enemies that only stop when you walk over an invisible trigger for example, AI that spam unlimited grenades en masse as soon as you disappear from sight, way too many missions that involve "defend x from unlimited waves of enemies for y minutes".

Anyway, back on topic, I'm curious to see how TF2 plays. Graphics don't bother me, if they did I wouldn't have played the original DoD for as many years as I did (or still play NS for that matter!). What I'm worried about though is that being a Source engine game developed by Valve, the players are going to move so fast that no-one will be able to keep their aim even vaguely close and we'll all be relying on the dodgy netcode and massive interp to actually hit anybody (much like DoD: S :p) and if you actually DO manage to get a round to register, it'll do nothing because the guns'll be weak as hell. Meh, maybe I'm too jaded and cynical. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy arcade gameplay but only when it's done right and on an engine that handles it well. So far I'm just not impressed with anything the Source engine's managed to offer in the multiplayer stakes, nor with any of Valve's multiplayer products.

Upvote 0
kabex said:
It would still be a much better game. :)

Nobody but die-hard fanboys would buy Red Orchestra: Ostfront 2.

Everybody and their grandmother would buy Red Orchestra 2: West front with bunny hopping, insane speeds, crosshairs and superhuman players.

What I meant by that is that only the most die-hard fanboys would buy it, not because it would be niche (which it wouldn't be), but because it would look "just like another Quake 4" like *you* said.

I've never played the original TF, just TFC, but I'm not sure if I'm missing anything *shrug* I thoroughly enjoyed TFC and I wager I'll enjoy TF2...too bad I have to buy the stupid episodic content to get it though.

Upvote 0