• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Team Fortress 2!

Shipping with HL2 episode 2!!!

TEAM FORTRESS 2. WHERE DID THIS COME FROM? Hey, they're still making it! It's got a totally exaggerated, crazy art style now. Looks a little like Spy vs. Spy or No One Lives Forever, kind of a '60s spy feel. It's going to be the included multiplayer mode in Episode 2! Class-based, etc. You know the drill. Great news for shooter fans

Sounds wierd.

I don't understand, TF2 has been in development for like 8 years and they completely change it?

Back in 2001(I think) they showed a LOT of info about the game. It was basically Battlefield 2 before BF1942 even came out.

The whole concept of modern military(not spy vs spy!!!) battlefield action with a ton of vehicles, class based teamplay and objectives etc was way beyond its time.

BF42 came out, then Vietnam, then BF2 and TF2 was never heard of. They lost their chance, now if the game had come out as it was intended, it would have sucked hard.

I was crazy for it back then, but I don't care now, too bad. It would have been a cool game back in 2001.

Upvote 0
kabex said:
The whole concept of modern military(not spy vs spy!!!) battlefield action with a ton of vehicles, class based teamplay and objectives etc was way beyond its time.

Yeah, but on the other hand, nowadays that theme is insanely overused, which is probably why they've moved to a completely new theme. I wont try to judge whether its good or bad without even seeing a screenshot, but generally valve doesnt release crap, so I hope its good :)

Upvote 0
SimFreak said:
[FONT=&quot]It will be a horrendous flap. It seems that it will be a new game with old name. :rolleyes:[/FONT]
That's what I'm saying. Valve must have poured millions of dollars into developing the modern military TF2, now they throw it all to the trash and start a completely new game using the same name?

I don't understand. They can make their game, just don't use the TF name.

Upvote 0
Oh man another "wind waker" fiasco is at hand! Didn't anybody learn from that disater that you can not change the graphics style in a sequel to a game. Though wind waker was supposedly a very good zelda game, people couldn't get over the retarded cel shaded graphics, I think the exact same thing is gonna happen again. Though this being valve... the gameplay and the graphics might suck :(.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
kabex said:
That's what I'm saying. Valve must have poured millions of dollars into developing the modern military TF2, now they throw it all to the trash and start a completely new game using the same name?
It's not like they were working on the "old TF2" contantly up until this announcement was released, and then instantly switched... I wouldn't be surprised if they've spent more time working on this incarnation than they did on the one that we saw screenshots of half a decade ago, and just now decided to announce it.

And considering that 2/3 of the original Team Fortress development team is still employed at Valve, they're presumably cool with the whole thing.

Upvote 0
Moe_Rahn said:
It's not like they were working on the "old TF2" contantly up until this announcement was released, and then instantly switched... I wouldn't be surprised if they've spent more time working on this incarnation than they did on the one that we saw screenshots of half a decade ago, and just now decided to announce it.

And considering that 2/3 of the original Team Fortress development team is still employed at Valve, they're presumably cool with the whole thing.

Or like their jobs and don't want to get fired?

Upvote 0
BicycleRepairMan said:
Yeah, but on the other hand, nowadays that theme is insanely overused, which is probably why they've moved to a completely new theme. I wont try to judge whether its good or bad without even seeing a screenshot, but generally valve doesnt release crap, so I hope its good :)

I agree, the move was a good idea. Team Fortress was never about realism, and I'd hate to see it turn to that concept.

Upvote 0