• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Does any of the devs at TW have other fav games they enjoy ?

Originally I thought it was going to be a mod but the same devs who worked on OFP are working on a new title called "Armed Assault". It's still set in modern day era like OFP but will also feature maps 3x bigger than that of OFP and they have also added alot more tactical depth to the game similar to BF2 from what I have gathered.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro said:
It isn't a mod. It is a new game on a highly modified and updated Posideon (OFP) engine. They lost the IP to Operation Flashpoint to their old publishers Code Masters (who are infact working on an OFP 2 now).

Bohemia Interactive is creating Armed Assault as well as a yet to be named Game 2 which was previously Operation Flashpoint 2 before Code Masters and BIS split.

Is OFP 2 being worked on by Codemasters themselves ? or is there another developer involved ?

Upvote 0
I have to say that I don't get the time for games much, so I mostly play RO! Had a run at the "Prey" demo, which was damn good.

I mostly used to play the more wargame (hex-based etc) games from the likes of SSI. Tank sims, but none of them for WWII ever really held my attention.

I'm also in process of cataloguing the latest haul of reference material from Russia (spaseeba, Alexei!) and other sources, plus working up to getting some writing and publishing done - some for Wargamer, some for more general publishing.

Upvote 0
Oldih said:
Ever played Ninja Gaiden or Ninja Gaiden Black? ;)

Oh man, those games are exercises in self abuse. I don't mind saying those games were way too hard for me.

Right now, I'm playing:

- Highway to the Reich
- HoMMV
- And I just found a super cheap copy of XIII. Replaying that.

I've also just finished Metal Gear Acid on my PSP. Loved that game.

Upvote 0
Oh man, those games are exercises in self abuse. I don't mind saying those games were way too hard for me.

Yeah they are pretty hard, one reason why I like them both. You have to work for your victories and that it reguires real skill in order to stay away from harm. Currently I am trying to beat Black in Very Hard, around halfway through at the moment.

Black does have Ninja Dog mode which makes the game very easy to be honest :cool:

Upvote 0
Can't say I'm playing any PC game ATM.. some in my collection I'll probably fiddle with again when I get back to having a desktop PC that can run them:

- RO, and it's mini-games:
-- Super Mega Texture UED Importer
-- Unreal Chomping Clowns Make Mod (aka "UCC make -mod=")
-- Uncle Drax's 3d Adventures (aka: Modelling for Dummies)
-- etc..etc..
- Superpower 2
- Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War
- I'm looking forward to playing DefCon when it comes out
- Evil Genius (still haven't finished....)
- RRT3
- Civ4
- gotta get Oblivion.. Pirates.. probably check out CityLife.
- Wasteland/Fallout series stuff gets immortal mention btw.

Upvote 0