• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

World Cup 2006

World Cup 2006

• Total voters
Piron said:
edit: I was checking the poll that started this thread. Amazing to see that Portugal, France and Italy combined only got 7 votes out of 171.

A poll reflect wish not reality. All teams that continue were among the best. Brazil, Argentina and England were alsobut they've simply lost. That's all. People who expected too much from Brazil were actually too much influenced by marketing (Nike). I was disapointed with Argentina who has a tam much better than that one which was playing. As it happened with brazil the coach has also great responsibility. BTW Felip

Upvote 0
K.Johansen said:
And how you play football in England doesn't win world cup games. They played like crap this year and they didn't even deserve to make it into the round of 16. Honestly the most boring matches this year have been from England, dissappointing.
Pfft the argument had nothing to do with winning games but whether or not the red card was justified. Which it wasn't.

And it's not like anyone of Portugals team had deserved to make it into the semis besides Ricardo. They sucked during the game and they sucked at the penalties.

Upvote 0
fradim said:
Though I prefer not: Zidane deserves another chanpiuonship before leaving football. He's a gret person and a marvellous player: here in Brazil I don't know any person who doesn't admire him.

fradim

Hear hear... It is always with great pleasure that I watch him, the man is absolutely amazing... I was so sad when I first heard he was going to retire. Sorry to all the brits, but Rooney looks like an overgrown toddler compared to Zidane. If there's anyone who should be dubbed 'The White Pele', it is definitely Zizou.

Upvote 0
Oh what a surprise, the FIFA suspended Frings for ONE game.

What a coincidence, hmm who is Germany going to play? Who found the "proofs"? Who is Blatters best friend? .... If it was an attack it had to at least THREE games, if not, nothing.

Honi soit qui mal y pense. Tststttss Blatter and his buddies.

Well i shouldn't complain, **** happens, but this insider relationship stuff is getting annoying.

Upvote 0
[RO]schneidzekk said:
Yeah, people are seriously pissed off :p

It is not about Frings, it is the way it was done.

I completely agree!

But this will lead too a Bumerang effect against the Italians. I could imagine that the audience in the arena in Dortmund will support our team even more then. :p

Well I think we will win also without Frings! :cool:

And the FIFA gets on my nerves anyways. The referees aren't allowed to act in common sense. Instead they are forced to give immediately high penalies for everything what happens on the field. That resulted in a lot of wrong decisions including yellow, red cards and penalties. Many games had severe influences in the ongoing gameplay due to these wrong or unfair referee decisions. For me that really ruins the soccer. But the FIFA doesn't even think about changing something. :mad:

Upvote 0