• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Lakelands Final (Day and Night Versions)

Upvote 0
Those are old screenshots, more cover has been placed in the areas needed.
Yes there are Open areas,but it is not far to get to some sort of cover.

The fog also helps to advance in some areas. But I wanted the map to encourage teamwork a little more than just hiding behind cover all the way to the objectives.

Upvote 0
aag567 said:
Ok, I hope this map doesn't end being like that Flak Hill map.

Nothing like it actually. I havent played the night version, but the day version is running on my server, and it looks very nice. Great detail. Planning to run through the whole map in a bit and take a closer looksy. Check it out if you see it running on a server. I dont think youll be dissappointed.

FG-

Upvote 0
ExoCet-NAW said:
Those are old screenshots, more cover has been placed in the areas needed.
Yes there are Open areas,but it is not far to get to some sort of cover.

The fog also helps to advance in some areas. But I wanted the map to encourage teamwork a little more than just hiding behind cover all the way to the objectives.

'Cet, ya done good... our regulars and guest players are having a ball in Lakelands. Thanx for the fine effort.

Upvote 0
yeah I know about the water bug.

I originaly had it set and it did drowned you if you went under the water, but for some reason that was causing the spawns to mess up.

I then switched to having a minefield under the water, that worked for a while but then that too mesed the spawns up. This is the nearest I can get to anything that works and does not cause any other problem.

Upvote 0
The eastern bridge really shouldn't be required to cap in order for axis to win, they had capped everything else but the east bridge and didn't have time left to cap it so they lost. I don't see why a single little bridge far away from the action should rob them of the victory.

There are also quite a few odd invisible walls around the map, mostly around a few places where there's grass. A tank almost got stuck on one of these just past the western bridge. Also, the russian spawn needs some protection from arty. Perhaps the ruskies first spawn should be a bit closer to the front lines as well.

It's a nice map though, not perfect, but quite fun.

Upvote 0
yes there is spawn protection on every spawn plus there are minefields around each spawn, So no way should you be able to get near the spawns in a enemy tank or on foot.

Let me know if the problem persists and I will check it out, But my version runs ok.

I have edited some of the points mentioned here recently and may release a final final version.

Added a water volume that works (kills players but still no tank damage ??.
Removed collision to grass that was causing problems.
Added no arty volumes to all spawn areas. (problem now is I can't get arty to work anywhere on the map ??).
will also make the Central Bridge so that it can't be re taken.

just wish more comments could have been posted before I realsed the final. Oh well not to worry.

Upvote 0