• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Fiery Hell

I have a suggestion for a map. I would like to see a fiery hellish type of map. Perhaps one where a forest is on fire and you fight through it. Or a small city is on fire and it is really dark and there is a lot of smoke. It doesn't have to be totally realistic. Just make it look like the world is ending. Put a couple tanks in it too and make it really dark and frightening so you freak out when you see a t34 roll through some smoke. Just make the atmosphere as hellish as you can, make it to where it seems you are trying to survive rather than kill everything.

THats brings up another idea, could it be possibly to slowly advance a wall of fire? That would be an interesting twist in a map.

There was a time in 1941 when the Russians blocked a German column by setting the forest the road goes through on fire. Germans were running for their lives out of the woods, but there was no battle.

Why not make a battle about small pockets of resistance in a city about to fall. If you can, make it seem to the defenders as if the entire world is falling apart around them.

Upvote 0
Yeah the book Siege comes to mind when they are fighting in the last battle within the small city. The whole city was litterly swamped with Russians and the Germans were hiding out in RUINED buildings. The current ruined buildings in game don't hold a candle stick to what this book describes. If a map maker could pick it up and flip it to the last chapters and read about how they set up different forts at different houses and read how the t34s with flame throwers basically turned every hidey hole into a personal hell, I would very much appreciate that.

Going back to one of my other ideas is I would like to see a forest fire one, where it is sort of like a race against time against the other team. I'm not sure how it would work, but it would be neat to see the flames advancing upon you. Perhaps the Russians would be holding a position and the flames would push the Germans to the Russians (hehe no campers allowed) but eventually the Russians will have to pull back and everyone is basically running for their lives to the river. There could be progressive spawns based on where the fire is. The final objective could be a bridge or a boat and you have to get the majority of your team there and you win. (This means no one sneaky man can sneak by and get in the boat and capture it himself, most of the team would have to get there)

Upvote 0
I was thinking, maybe you can have something like explosions in the background, or when a certain objective is capped a building collapses (make it a good camping spot, that will be fun for their victims). Or periodically, a line of explosions (not perfectly straight) would fall on a certain far-off area. Like when the Russians carpet-bombed Bobruisk during Operation Bagration; it was one of the few times they tried level-bombing city (even though it was still on the front line).

Upvote 0