• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RO-SnowyForest

Played it on the FKMOD server tonight. Might have been an older version.
As Axis, we were bombared with arty at the forward spawn. I think I spawned and died instantly 3 times in a row.

There is a way around the wire on the far left side. I don't know if this is intentional or not. It came in handy when our teammate with the sachels would not blow up the wire.

All in all, a GREAT map. Especially with 32 people. The action is fast, furious, intensive and more importantly life threatening. If you miss your first shot, consider yourself dead. I love the fallen trees and the ability to climb under and through them. The inability to shoot through the wire was discouraging (at least as Axis).

As Rez(?) said, its your map. Design it as you see fit. Its a winner.

Floyd

Upvote 0
Darkseed said:
Tochiri, while listening to others suggestions is all well and good, don't forget that in the end it is how you visioned your map to be that is the most important, it is your map after all. You can never please everyone, so don't try. Anyway, just a little friendly advice. :)

Keep up the good work, i'm looking forward to more of your maps in the future.

Thank you good advice Darkseed.:D
And Thank you everyone:)

Floyd

It is B8 that the problem exists.
Please use B10.:)

http://www.maporchestra.com/downloads/p13_sectionid/23/p13_fileid/148

There are two reasons to open the left of the fence.

1 To move Axis Bot.
2 Route when newbie sapper doesn't destroy wire.

I am embarrassed with the problem that the wire doesn't pass the bullet, too.:eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A small point: If Axis caps an objective with still some Allies in the Capzone, the Allies get instantly blown up after the cap has finished, due to respawn protection getting active instantly. Perhaps you can solve this by moving the respawn zone a bit? Getting the protection activated with a slight delay would also be a good way to solve that, if possible.

Upvote 0
As long as the Russians have Sapers it will be a retarded map. Sorry but this game is supposed to be realism based and you have ass raped that concept with the inclusion of anti-infantry Sapers. Stupid. The 3 rounds I played on your map were all ruined by this class since the potholes you give Axis as cover were no protection.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As long as the Russians have Sapers it will be a retarded map. Sorry but this game is supposed to be realism based and you have ass raped that concept with the inclusion of anti-infantry Sapers. Stupid. The 3 rounds I played on your map were all ruined by this class since the potholes you give Axis as cover were no protection.

Chill%20Pill.png

Upvote 0
ProfessorKayos said:

he can fix this. Have no saper class. Have a sapper object at the first russian spawn for them to pick up. So when they continue at least the rest of the map you dont have these meanies. hahahh. I know this isnt a complete solution, but next time think of one and dont just complain.:)

Upvote 0
I loved the map despite only playing a 2vs3. i'm sure when i play it 16vs16 it'l be even better. I would like the first russian spawn to be abit close to the wires though. Apart from that it looks superb. Especially the way the snow drifts across your screen. You realy need to keep an eye out on this map and communicate well. Excellent map

Upvote 0
Just played this map tonight, very awesome!!

I love it, the atmosphere is great, the howling wind adds a lot of immersion that most of the official maps are missing, plus the falling snow and running through the woods at night, who wouldn't love it. And watching enemy soldiers appear out of the distant fog is really cool.

I don't know if it's the atmosphere or if it reminds me of some of the older maps in the mod (moscowhighway, redgodofwar) but this map brings back memories for some reason, but it's totally awesome.

we need more snowy night maps and this map deliveres it and then some.

Upvote 0