• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hangs on "Querying master server"

colmain

Jun 5, 2006
I used to be able to play RO without any problems until a steam update on May31/june1st and since then it hangs on "Querying master server". I could connect to servers in my favorite list. In order to fix the problem I removed RO and steam and reinstalled. I could then play RO once. After a reboot I am back to the same thing. Have also tried to delete the ucl files, log off of steam and back in. I believe the master server is at 207.135.144.10/11. I get an average ping time of 100ms. I have also tried turning off Norton real time protection and turning off the windows firewall but it still does not work. Anyone have any ideas?

Col

I have a friend with this problem also....

'Connection Failed' when he is trying to querry the master server.

This started after the Steam Updates this weekend. Everything worked great since he got the game back in March. We are trying a few things, such as logout and loging back in. That didn't work. Will be trying the Firewall check and also deleting ClientRegistry.blob to see if that works. Hopefully, we will know soon and post if it works or not...

Upvote 0
Can you guys all tell what isp you lot are using. And indeed try to see if you can connect to ips manually. Just look in the sigs of alot of people lots of ips are in there. Add alot of them to your favourites ingame (i could copy some for you aswell so you can atleast play the game a bit using the favourites list.

Give me half an hour to add all servers to my favourites then i'll post that list here and how to add them.

EDIT:

Ok first open your RedOrchestra.ini

C:\program files\steam\steamapps\<username>\Red Orchestra\system\RedOrchestra.ini
once it's opened press control + F.

Search for [XInterface.ExtendedConsole]
then scroll a bit down till the end of it (it should end with ServerInfoMenu=GUI2K4.UT2K4ServerInfo)
now under that past the information of this file (these are all 209 servers from the master server of today, now i'm resting my hand adding them all manually takes some time :p):

http://members.ams.chello.nl/e.dongenammeraal/serverslistbycore.txt

while youre in your ini check that parts of the master server are setup ok:
[IpDrv.MasterServerUplink]
DoUplink=True
UplinkToGamespy=False
SendStats=False
ServerBehindNAT=False
DoLANBroadcast=True

[IpDrv.MasterServerLink]
LANPort=11757
LANServerPort=10757
MasterServerList=(Address="207.135.144.10",Port=28902)
MasterServerList=(Address="207.135.144.11",Port=28902)
Mess around a bit with some settings maybe you can get it to work that way (always keep a backup)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
colmain said:
Hey, thanks for the favorites list! At least I can browse the servers and see ping times now. I checked the .ini file and it looks ok.

It's frustrating and unfortunate that even a temp fix like this has to come from other gamers and wasn't suggested by tech support.
this not an Electronic Arts game with a big tech support part. Steam got a nice tech support for this game. The devs try to fix as much as possible. But alot of the support comes from just people that love this game and want others to love.

Its a bit different and sometimes takes more time than with big companies, but both sides learn from it ;). Once a new fix for something has been found it will be added to the known bugs and errors thread. Remember a big part of those fixes come from the community aswell.

Its just something you can expect from a niche community. You will get to know everybody though and teh community grows together. With both the advantages and disadvantages of that.

(Compare it to a small village's life and a city's life)

BTW plz take contact with your isp and ask them for help about it too and contact steam etc. And give as much info so similarities can be found. On one occasion i believe setting uplink to gamespy to true fixed his error ;o.

Last edited:
Upvote 0