• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More troops, more maps, shorter load-times, a working squad commanding...

Korpisoturi

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 28, 2006
First, where are medics? They'd be very useful. Ya know, a medic that heals wounded gets points etc. It could be like in Battlefield 2. That's the only class chance that I hope to see in the next Red Orchestra.
Second, more troops. For example Germans could have paratroopers and the Russians could have cossacks. (They still used them in WWII)
Next, more maps. How about some maps from Finland? We had lots of big figths here with Russians. There are only few mods in games like Battlefield that are about those. We fougth twice against Russians. First in the winter 1939-1940 and after that 1941-1944. In the first war we we're defending our country from overwhelming Russians. In the second war we had an "alliance" with the Germans and attacked with them in the Operation Barbarossa. Sounding like an good idea?
Anyway the loading times are making me crazy...:mad: Usually it takes a LONG time to deploy on to the map and sometimes when I get to the game I can't move or I can't shoot etc. That sucks.
Then a working squad commanding. I don't mean something like in Brothers in Arms but I'd like to see ranks and a somekind of a system that forces the privates to obey their commander.
Then finally, more weapons: mortars, cannons etc.

If someone of the gamedevelopers read this I'd like to get some feedback in to my e-mail.

Upvote 0
If there ever was a more appropriate time to say this, I haven't seen it:

Go play Battlefield 2.

Red Orchestra is the freshman effort from a small group of enthusiasts who formed a company and put out a labor of love, funded only by the money they won in the MSU contest. Sure, it's missing a few things, like a command system. But the good thing is that with the features they have included, they've mostly done things right. Battlefield 2, in comparison, is just a mess. Yeah, it's got lots of weapons, vehicles, maps, and features, but it's poorly tuned and in the end it amounts to a haphazard wad of code that creates another mindless run-and-gun game.

I want to see more content in Red Orchestra as well. I'll even happily pay for a sequel or add-on pack to get it, so long as they continue with the attention to detail and solid gameplay that they have had so far.

If it's any consolation, a copy of Red Orchestra costs HALF as much as a copy of Battlefield 2.

Upvote 0
Avenger said:
If there ever was a more appropriate time to say this, I haven't seen it:

Go play Battlefield 2.

Red Orchestra is the freshman effort from a small group of enthusiasts who formed a company and put out a labor of love, funded only by the money they won in the MSU contest. Sure, it's missing a few things, like a command system. But the good thing is that with the features they have included, they've mostly done things right. Battlefield 2, in comparison, is just a mess. Yeah, it's got lots of weapons, vehicles, maps, and features, but it's poorly tuned and in the end it amounts to a haphazard wad of code that creates another mindless run-and-gun game.

I want to see more content in Red Orchestra as well. I'll even happily pay for a sequel or add-on pack to get it, so long as they continue with the attention to detail and solid gameplay that they have had so far.

If it's any consolation, a copy of Red Orchestra costs HALF as much as a copy of Battlefield 2.

Dont be so harsh i dont think he wants another bf2 i didnt see him say it anywhere, the only thing i would disagree on is medics for reasons mentioned in numerous threads also on your loading times try using the prechacing = false fix it got my loading times down to bearable levels granted it those stutter at the start everytime i look at something new but at least i get in the game.

Upvote 0
To comment on the map issue: The game has been out for two and a half months, the SDK for one and there are already custom maps appearing. Some are ports from the mod, but there are at least two new ones. I'd say thats pretty good for a months work, and more are on the way, from both community mappers and Tripwire (after optimising some that are already out). Have some patience :)

Upvote 0