• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dude got vaporized!!

Sneaky_Snake

May 26, 2006
I was playing on the Russian side on Arad today. Two IS2's were holding down the south field, so me (saper guy) a couple of other inf and a couple of T-34's go and try to take the south village. The germs decided to throw down artillery on us and so I took cover in the house where the arty radio is at. I looked back at the door and one of my buddies was about to enter the door, but then the arty crashed in back of him and he was vaporized! His body was gone just leaving a spray of blood. I was genuinely startled at it (yelled out holy sh*t loud enough for the whole house to hear me) and I ran up the stairs and just stood there for a few moments, shaken at what I had just seen. Talk about a game that stirs the emotions...

Diamond said:
Is it actually realistic that a body gets vaporized?
I mean, there would always be some stuff left?

Seen Band of Brothers?

Bastogne episose, who are the two guys who dissappear from their foxhole completely after a direct hit.....Malarkey? It loses me now. Very sobering part of the series though that bit. I think it is realistically portrayed too.

Upvote 0
Sneaky_Snake said:
he was vaporized! His body was gone just leaving a spray of blood. I was genuinely startled at it (yelled out holy sh*t loud enough for the whole house to hear me) and I ran up the stairs and just stood there for a few moments, shaken at what I had just seen. Talk about a game that stirs the emotions...
I had the exact same feeling the first time I saw one teammate get vaporized just next to me on KonigsPlatz by an IS-2.

Upvote 0
No, Malarkey survived the war. But yeah, I remember that scene. I've seen it happen in game too.

The gore in this game happens infrequently enough that when you do see it, it's pretty shocking. Like, people don't have their heads blow open when they get shot and don't get all covered in blood when you shoot them, but if you toss a nade on a guy, he can end up with a leg blown off and will look completely bloodied. It makes the gore seem more realistic actually, because it's not like EVERY SINGLE WEAPON will cause you to pop like a pinata.

Upvote 0