• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire is looking for testers.....

EvilHobo said:
If only I were older :(

Dont sweat it. Beta testing can be testing 1 thing 100 times, or 100 different ways/ angles/ conditions. I've done it before in flight sims. Usuall process is test one thing many many many different ways, catalogue your results manually( pencil, notepad), transfer the results to something electronically transferable (notepad/ spreadsheet), grab the 45 and go out back and empty a couple clips into the old HP that used to give you fits but now serves as a target.....grab a coffee, rinse repeat. :D

Upvote 0
blkmgc is right. Beta testing isn't as good as it sounds. Yes, you get to play something that is not released yet, but you only play what your employer tells you to play, in the fashion he wantss. Let's say you are testing a racing game. Your employer may tell you to play only one racetrack for hours on end, just going at it, trying to find as many bugs as you can. The bugs may be very small too, like a squarefoot of grass in the game has the same traction as concrete. You write down the precise location of the bug and submit it. It's not just playing whatever you want whichever way you want and finding bugs.

Upvote 0
I'd love to help out and be able to contribute something back to Tripwire and the community. I certainly meet the minimum legal age requirements :cool: but my internet connections suxages big time (think back to the '70's :D).

Ah well.

But I do want to say I am very very impressed with Tripwire's attitude and with it's involvement with the community by asking REAL players to help test an upcoming patch rather than try to do it all in house.

The more I play this game the more I am falling in love with it and with such support from the developers I can see it going nowhere but UP !UP! UP!:D

Oh..on second thought..maybe they are shirking their responsibilities too. After the patch is released , if there are still any bugs , it won't be Tripwire's fault will it? They can simply say...

"Well don't blame US! It's the testers fault for not finding and reporting it!:p:D"

Upvote 0
I Have beta tested games since EQ1, and let me tell you, the hardest thing about about testing has been Valac. That and having been in a clan with him.:p Testers, especially RO testers, take their job very seriously. Alot of them were/are dedicated mod players for a long time. Valac is quite the hard ass, but the man loves this game, and will lead you straight as far as testing goes.

Upvote 0
Itachi said:
I Have beta tested games since EQ1, and let me tell you, the hardest thing about about testing has been Valac. That and having been in a clan with him.:p Testers, especially RO testers, take their job very seriously. Alot of them were/are dedicated mod players for a long time. Valac is quite the hard ass, but the man loves this game, and will lead you straight as far as testing goes.

I also did my good share of beta testing, and I can't imagine a harder and more unthankful job within a dev team than to be test lead. I could do that job, but only for a game that I feel absolutely no emotions about and never play for fun.

Oh and communicating with, motivating and leading a bunch of unruly volunteers (many of which think beta testing equals endless fun) is another story...

So, Valac you deserve our utmost respect. We know it's not easy (well some of us do :cool: )

Oleg

Upvote 0