• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

Chambers said:
To show you how fast enfield bolts cycle, me soldat and amerikaner were shooting at the range yesterday, Kaner was shooting my kar98 and i was shooting my new NO4 Mk1 We started at the same time by loading stripper clips, his loaded clean but mine got a stuck (didnt put it further enough back) and by the time I loaded he had 2 shots done, well we tied in the end because enfield is just so freaking fast!

Nice try buddy but I beat you by a good second and Soldat can attest to that. Plus I was taking my time with each shot cause I knew I had the time.

No doubt though the Enfield has a smoother bolt and you would have taken it if you loaded clean.

Upvote 0
Thats hard to say. A K31 will cycle faster but at the same time it is easier, at least for me, to aquire my target through peep sights than notch and post type sights. This doesn't apply to MKIIIs though. They are probably about equal though a K31 is built as a more accurate rifle....

...You know what...there are too many variables for me to decide!:confused:

I guess it all depends on the shooter.

Upvote 0
1943 Sako M39
43Sako.jpg

Here is the hang tag that came with it...
43Sakohangtag.jpg

1943 ex-sniper
43sniper.jpg

Here is the splice from where the scope used to be...
scopesplice.jpg

and the original scope number...
scopen.jpg

Upvote 0
@ bas

damn, im so envious.
Damn these strict norwegian weapon laws.. aint allowed to have automatic rifles :(
closest thing ive got is a walter PP 1943 (looted from a gestapo dude ^^)
, some Kraags 3x
krag.jpg

+ a 50. bolt action rifle (used to have scope) and i dont have a clew of what on earth it was used for (1928)..
heres my k98 :D
vlcsnap-429548.png

(il see if i get my digid camera to work again and il show ya the rest ^^)
my question is: if those are authentic 1939-45 weapons, how do u get youre hands on them?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, we're allowed to have automatic weapons in the U.S. but we have to spend a lot of money to even get the cheapest full auto. An MG42 would set you back many, many thousands of dollars here. Unless you have an class 3 dealers license. Then you can get dealer samples which are MUCH cheaper.

The closest thing to a full auto you can get here without a huge budget is a semi-auto AK or AR15 clone. I have an SAR-1 (AKM clone) and a WASR-2 (AK-74 clone) but I'll never have a full auto unless I win the lottery.

That is a sweet Krag BTW!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
grahvem said:
@ bas

damn, im so envious.
Damn these strict norwegian weapon laws.. aint allowed to have automatic rifles :(
closest thing ive got is a walter PP 1943 (looted from a gestapo dude ^^)
, some Kraags 3x
krag.jpg

+ a 50. bolt action rifle (used to have scope) and i dont have a clew of what on earth it was used for (1928)..
heres my k98 :D
vlcsnap-429548.png

(il see if i get my digid camera to work again and il show ya the rest ^^)
my question is: if those are authentic 1939-45 weapons, how do u get youre hands on them?
Hmmm, that KAR98 looks strikingly similar to an older picture of my Czech KAR98k, right down to the crags and colouration of the concrete matching up.... IN FACT ITS EXACTLY THE SAME PICTURE JUST CROPPED A LITTLE. Eeven funnier that cropping and resizing was done by me before I posted the image on surplusrifle.com I believe.

Here's the original, taken and hosted in my own webspace on the 26th of December 2004 (which you can see for yourself if you navigate to the root of my web space);
http://members.iinet.net.au/~reddogclanman/public_html/KAR98.jpg

Nice work you ****ing bull**** artist....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reddog said:
Hmmm, that KAR98 looks strikingly similar to an older picture of my Czech KAR98k, right down to the crags and colouration of the concrete matching up.... IN FACT ITS EXACTLY THE SAME PICTURE JUST CROPPED A LITTLE. Eeven funnier that cropping and resizing was done by me before I posted the image on surplusrifle.com I believe.

Here's the original, taken and hosted in my own webspace on the 26th of December 2004 (which you can see for yourself if you navigate to the root of my web space);

rofl ownage

Upvote 0
Reddog said:

like i said: my digid camera dosnt work... its almost the same bloody rifle :p
strange. i didnt get the pic from there ^^ but lets make you happy. (sry for bad pic res)
snap-85.png

The ironsight has been slightly adjusted.
Happy?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
User Name said:
1943 Sako M39
43Sako.jpg

Here is the hang tag that came with it...
43Sakohangtag.jpg

1943 ex-sniper
43sniper.jpg

Here is the splice from where the scope used to be...
scopesplice.jpg

and the original scope number...
scopen.jpg
Ex-sniper? Why no turned down bolt? The regular bolt (like one yours) would have hit the scope.

Edit: These ain't mine, but, gee, I think this earns a spot here:
http://www.sksboards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10965

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Capt.Marion said:
Ex-sniper? Why no turned down bolt? The regular bolt (like one yours) would have hit the scope.
http://www.sksboards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10965

Thats why its an "ex" sniper. Some Soviet arsenal worker removed the scope, and bent bolt. They replaced the bolt with a standard Mosin bolt and welded up the scope holes. The bore looks new so the only reason they did it was probably to meet some qouta set up by there government during the refurbishment programs.

Here is a pic of the inside of the receiver. You can still see the cut off pins and screws from the scope mount.

plugs.jpg

Upvote 0
Reddog said:

Doesnt pay to betray
Need to admit tho...He did photoshot out the feel and the side walk crack nicely hehe.
I bet his other gun aint even his neither.
Lol hell i bet he dont even have a damn Digital Camera aswell! Lol

Upvote 0