• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For Poeple That Can't Start the Game - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the game ran fine until today when it suddenly restarted my pc everytime I tried to run RO.

So I switched to my second account and strangely it started withaout any probs.

After fiddling around I just deleted the contents of C:\Windows\Prefetch
and it worked again!!!

So my hint to all users with that rebooting problem:

Delete the contents of c:\windows\prefetch\

Then reboot your pc.

I hope it helps you, as it worked for me!

Upvote 0
I put this out as an FYI to the devs.

I've been playing RO just fine. Generally I launch from a shortcut on the desktop that has: E:\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 1200 in the Target Line.

Yesterday, for some reason, I started Steam first, then launched from within Steam and received the error I show below. Upon exiting that error I received a Run Time error (I failed to capture that one, sorry). I used to start from within Steam quite often, but lately I have just been using the shortcut.

I exited Steam and started RO from the desktop shortcut and all was well. I have never run anything Norton or from Zone Labs. The problem is moot and not an issue. The game runs fine. I thought perhaps you would interested to see the error.

Floyd

Attachments

• JIT.png
    JIT.png
    10 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
hey, yeah.. if i need to upload them i will, but for now, i think i'll just explain my problem...
I click to start it, the little window thing opens up, it make s a noise, the error noise window makes, and a window pops up, and this is excactly what is says..
"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"
"Runtime Error! Program: ...SteamApps\booman276\red orchestra\system\RedOrchestra.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."
Thats what it says, i deleted those things you said and did everything you said i should, i have uninstalled and re-installed both Red Orchestra, and Steam. This is a big problem because i want to play this game. thank oyu for taking my problem into consideration....
i just did a system recovery on my comp, and its a fairly good computer as it was before..also, i dont have any program called "file locker" "or lock file" thing or whatever...i really wish this could work..this last part is not a rant or me venting my frustrations..but i think alot of people would agree with me to say this game may have been shipped rather hastily to meet deadlines, without troublshooting first.....

Upvote 0
Same problem

Same problem

I have the same problem worked fine until the 26 April then I got the same error msg have uninstalled Steam and RO do not have Zone Alarm or Norton any products,
but I have found a Microsoft Automatic update if you have Automatic updates turned on it is KB905474 and since then it has not worked is this related.
By the way this update cannot be removed I have rung Microsoft Tech support about this.
Cheers Lewis Barnes
OZ

Upvote 0
i get this error,

redorchestraerror4he.jpg

then it goes to the splash screen when i press ignore, a few more windows pop up but will eventualy go into the game, but pressing anything will lock it up and my pc!

if i press abort it says somthing about a runtime error, and no i havnt overclocked anything. thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For Boomer:

I looked at his minidump. His computer has malware. Specifically a Trojan. File name is ordermas2.dll. It is fairly new first seen 04/16/06.

There is a program that claims it can remove the malware. The program is Prevx1. I'm not familiar with this software nor do I use it. I just mentioned it for information purposes only.

Upvote 0
Hello to all of you,
My problem is the following: The game played only one time , then after i press the start button it goes on a black screen no windows pop up just a black screen for 3, 4 seconds an then the pc shuts off and starts again.:confused:
I tried all the suggestions on page one but it doesnt seems to work:mad:
Hope someone could help.
Thanks

Attachments

• Mini050206-08.zip
    25.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I get this error message:

error.png

Now I have browsed the forums, and I came accross people who say deleting the C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/<username>/red orchestra folder has fixed this problem for them. Not for me. I deleted it many times, re-installed the game and everything. I have ZoneAlarm, but I edited the shortcut for the fix, and even tried to launch RO with ZA disabled, but I still get this message. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.