• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For Poeple That Can't Start the Game - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still getting the run time error!!
The only software on this new computer besides ro and steam is MS Office and system suite 6 professional. I have disabled the firewall and added stem to the allowed list. Seems like a direct X problem?? I also deleted the RO file under windows/prefetch and still get the runtime error. Have not installed SDK beta.. OH FIDDLESTICKS!!! gD damn IT..
Please advise... :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
God Dang Runtime Error!!!!!!

God Dang Runtime Error!!!!!!

I to am getting the stupid runtime error c++ library thing. I have tried every suggestion but no joy. I do not have folder lock or whatever it is called. I do not have ZA. I do not have Norton. I am so mad right now that i am an inch away from getting a refund! please help with this stupid runtime error! Thank You

Upvote 0
Close to insanity????

Close to insanity????

My anti-virus is now gone, I am really desperate to get this damn R.O. running again. I have now uninstalled systemsuite 6 which is made/sold by vcom. It has alot of gui for editing registry links. I like it better than Norton. Anyway, I have been deleting various recommended files for the last 36 hours and I just got a different error. I thought I had finally beat the G.D. runtime error but now I get : Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2413 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: No Video
Direct3DCreate8 failed.
History: CreateDirect3D <- UD3D9RenderDevice::Init <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

I don't think the no video is it?? I have an Invidia quadro 3450 with the latest 84.26 driver from invidia's site.??? It's seems to be fine other than a few installs ago I had some letters/fonts disengrating??? How have u guys beat or battled this one?????????????? :confused: :mad:
PLEASE HELP AS I AM GETTING CLOSE TO THE EDGE!!!

Upvote 0
Alright I've done everything mentioned in the first post, now this is my problem.

The game has been working fine since I got it, this morning I tried to play a game.

I enter the game no problems, get to the server screens no issues, but once I double click, I get the "contacting server- RedOrchestra//:(enter IP address here)/index.rom"

This is where it stays, never to move till I manually pull out of the program. This has only began this morning though I admit to not have played for about a week....

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cause I tried to go back to Day of Defeat source and I couldn't handle it for longer than 5mins. I want my tanks back!!!!

Upvote 0
Ok, When I try to run R.O. (for the first time, I havnt played yet) I get a message what say.
"
Runtime Error!

Program: ...mapps\mikehardison\red orchestra\System\RedOrchestra.exe.

This application requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
"
Well, so I did. If you could help me out with this that would be quiet nice.

Extra Info
System Specs
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
CPU - AMD athilon 4000+
RAM - patriot SIG 2gig (512x2)
GPU - 7800GTX

the redorchestra.log file I couldn't find, if you could tell me where, thanks.

and when I tryed to upload the minidump file the upload failed.

Thanks again

Upvote 0
tried to upload my zipped minidump, but keeps saying upload failed. is there an email to send it to, or some other way of putting it on here? thanks

ive got norton system works, tried the fix, but get the C++ message, first about steam then about red orchestra and both close down :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
JamesG said:
tried to upload my zipped minidump, but keeps saying upload failed. is there an email to send it to, or some other way of putting it on here? thanks

ive got norton system works, tried the fix, but get the C++ message, first about steam then about red orchestra and both close down :(

I have the same thing :confused: with you right now, just R.O. shuts down, steam dosn't

Upvote 0
Trouble with SDK?

Trouble with SDK?

I haven't had a problem with RO until I ran the SDK beta. After that, I've gotten the crash problem - Thought I fixed it by deleting the RO prefetch file, but then I got the runtime error. I run RO on another PC (Both installed from disk) and am having no trouble with that one. No SDK either.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.