• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

encourage teamwork timedelay tank seat changes

Hi Terminxman,

since you apparently possess some sort of psychics skills, could you maybe give me a quick rundown of the upcoming lottery numbers for this week? Thanks.

...yeah... either that, or you're actually able to determine whether one is bad tanker simply by looking at his ingame name, which I still find quite admirable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Divinehammer said:
We should encourage more team play and put a time delay on the seat change like when a solo tanker goes off on his own and stops and changes seats to fire at enemys. A fully crewed tank that has comms should have the jump on the solo tanker. It is very frustrating when solo tankers run off with all of the tanks.

I agree, I have had several occasions of being stuck at the spawn because every tank is taken by 1 operator.

Upvote 0
I agree with Terminxman. I actually do much better on my own in a tank. Adding a time delay feature would only irritate most users.

If anything, they should give you the options of editing your ini file so that either bots or humans can't get into your tank if you want to set it up that way.

A tank jumper would get a message something like "player X has locked this tank" or similar.

Most tank maps do not have enough infantry support anway so if you really want to encourage teamwork, this would encourage teamwork between infantry and armor the way it was meant and would be very effective.

A time delay feature would simply "encourage" people to find a different server IMHO.

Upvote 0
GonzoX said:
I agree with Terminxman. I actually do much better on my own in a tank. Adding a time delay feature would only irritate most users.

If anything, they should give you the options of editing your ini file so that either bots or humans can't get into your tank if you want to set it up that way.

A tank jumper would get a message something like "player X has locked this tank" or similar.

Most tank maps do not have enough infantry support anway so if you really want to encourage teamwork, this would encourage teamwork between infantry and armor the way it was meant and would be very effective.

A time delay feature would simply "encourage" people to find a different server IMHO.

I encourage you to think about what type of game this is.

Upvote 0
GonzoX said:

I don't see any problem adding a time delay, no one says it has to be extreme. Instantaneous is unrealistic and in its own way, encourages single people taking over tanks.

Locking Human Players out of tanks is wrong just because you want to hog a tank. (getting the 'get out' command to work against the bots is a whole different story, I think nearly everyone agrees they suck when in vehicles). Sure its hard finding someone who will listen when you're in a tank, again, try to find a good clan server where they encourage team play...

If you want to lock them out of tanks to force them to be your infantry support, that is wrong also.

Those are just my opinions

Upvote 0
GonzoX said:

If the game was patched so it is serversided then you could be looking for different servers untill hell freezes over m8.
Just get used to the fact that not everyone why bought RO is a tank ace. And let people learn the game. Even tanking.

Upvote 0
Rrralphster said:
If the game was patched so it is serversided then you could be looking for different servers untill hell freezes over m8.
Just get used to the fact that not everyone why bought RO is a tank ace. And let people learn the game. Even tanking.

Well said ralph let people learn another interesting addition to this would be to have different entry points on the tank so if you got in at teh front of the tank then you got in the driver seat if you went to the sides or back you get the commander seat or machine gunner. but with unmanned tanks not explodable I think people would wait outside till the last moment and jump in the gun and shoot.

Upvote 0
[tR]Mad Mac said:
I encourage you to think about what type of game this is.

exactly. solo-tanking is clearly not in the spirit or RO:O. I urge people to take some time, and try to teach newer people. take a chance, maybe that person is better than you and you can learn something from them!

if someone is belligerent, and won't listen/learn that is one thing. then I would not tank with them again either. but everyone should be given a 1st chance at least.

the game, and it's player base, is what you make of it. can it be frustrating teaching a new person? sure. but in the long run, it can be rewarding as well. think about it.

I find it ironic that the same person displaying extreme selfishness in this thread re solo-tanking was the same person rattling on about the evils of steam, and "personal" property rights, etc. Paints an interesting picture, doesn't it? :eek:

Upvote 0
I always wait for people to jump in a tank with me. They may be horrible, not have any idea how to play, or not even have a microphone- but it doesnt matter. Everyone had to start learning somehow, and I feel its my responsibility to help the newer players learn how to use the armor. If they are absolutely horrible at it, oh well. Its just a game.

If more people took the time to help the players who dont know what they are doing, in time "newbies" wont be a problem anymore.

Upvote 0
[tR]Mad Mac said:
I always wait for people to jump in a tank with me. They may be horrible, not have any idea how to play, or not even have a microphone- but it doesnt matter. Everyone had to start learning somehow, and I feel its my responsibility to help the newer players learn how to use the armor. If they are absolutely horrible at it, oh well. Its just a game.

If more people took the time to help the players who dont know what they are doing, in time "newbies" wont be a problem anymore.

All I can say to that is great attitude. And I hope more people will follow your lead. I am still a newbie but I want to be a team player also so more people like you would be a welcome sight. See you on the field.

Upvote 0
The way the game is implemented already makes it more beneficial to use two people in a tank rather than one. With one person, you are not able to reload the tank while moving and, if you're in the gunner position, you can not move while reloading.

Thus, you would be at a disadvantage against someone who is able to move and reload at the same time.

I am still very new to this game but I have already found servers (the realism ones) where people work together more. I have found players will switch gunner / driver positioning after they have died.

Thus, for the above reasons, I don't really see the need to implement a delay for switching positions.

Upvote 0
the delay for switching positions is just to make it more realistic because you couldn't instant switch in reallife next to that it indeeds makes working as a team happen more often and kinda forces people and all being realistic. Its a win win situation for teamplay. Afcourse for the people that think they are the best and start whining for people to get out of "THEIR" tank, they won't like it.

But mainly getting in and out of the tank should take time, you couldn't instantly warp out of the tank to shoot a satchell carrier with your pistol. And you couldn't exit your tank quickly when you know that other tank was going to shoot you. And its not normal to warp into a vehicle instantly when some person is shooting you. For those reasons a delay in entering and exiting vehicles should be introduced.

Upvote 0