• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
There you go guys have a good read. Sorry if theres any spelling mistakes.:)

--------------------------------------------------------

Funny how money changes things. When RO was a free multiplayer-only WWII mod for UT2004, we declared that this tiny team of bedroom modders were putting retail games to shame with the quality of their work. Now that they’ve won the right to release it as a retail game (albeit a

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So right, too many games are made today aimed at the lowest common denominator. The marketing and hype machines want products they can push on anybody. What you end up with is something that is superficially entertaining, but ultimately unfufilling.

A lot of games tout their 'hollywood production values', but hang on, most 18-24 year old guys don't bother to go watch Hollywood movies anymore. They are all the same, cliched boring rubbish.

So that's why a game like RO:OF, even if it lacks the veneer of a seasoned developing house is so refreshing. Why the gameplay is so addictive. Because no matter how damn annoying that first day playing it is, as you get better you get such a sense of satisfaction you want to invest more time getting better.

If only more game developers took that approach the less piracy that would go on I think... Maybe for all Steam's failures, it's ability to allow game devs to get their product, as they intend it, into our grubby hands is also it's greatest strength. No longer do devs have to pander to some little thin necked accountant in order to get their game out there.

So maybe Steam doesn't totally suck after all :)

Good review too btw.

Upvote 0
I thought the review was spot on, of course most of RO's problems like teamkilling dont happen that much if your on an experienced team and everyone uses voip. Just yesterday i heard someone on my team ask "Is that MG at the top of the stairs overlooking spawn ours?". i was the MG gunner so told them i was freindly and avoided being shot at all day by my own team.

Upvote 0
Chao2 said:
I thought the review was spot on, of course most of RO's problems like teamkilling dont happen that much if your on an experienced team and everyone uses voip. Just yesterday i heard someone on my team ask "Is that MG at the top of the stairs overlooking spawn ours?". i was the MG gunner so told them i was freindly and avoided being shot at all day by my own team.

Almost everyone on TacticalGamers server uses VOIP and you are correct, it does help a lot.

Upvote 0