• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fixed !!! - 'This version of RO:Ostfront is incompatible ..."

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
To give you all an update, the problem where users were getting the message 'This version of RO:Ostfront is incompatible with the server you are connecting to' has been fixed. There was an issue on the Steam backend that caused some user's to get this error. So if you were getting this error, please close Steam, restart, and then try and connect to servers that you were unable to connect to before.

Thank you for your patience while while this issue was ironed out, and I would like to personally thank BusterKing, Aceto, and all the other fans that worked with the Devs in IRC and in game to track down and fix this problem.

-------------------------------------------------

Those still getting this error just need to go to steam, file, change user, and log back in. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Nailbunny said:
So why was Steam support so unhelpful when we went to them for help? They put us here, and you guys were on vacation.

Since the error was recieved inside of RO, i'm certain the Steam support poeple thought it was a problem with RO and they were correct in sending poeple to the RO forums for help. Some fans that were getting the error coordinated with the Tripwire team and Valve to quickly resolve the issue. Oh, and noone was on "vacation". Most of the Tripwire team were on a business trip. I've personally had about 3-4 days off in 10 months ;)

Upvote 0
[offtopic reply to offtopic comment]

I would imagine that the business trip was also only the second time that many of these guys (most of whom used to have salaried jobs) have even met.

Nailbunny, pardon me for sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, but I'm quite certain there are many here who, like me, admire the guts it took for these guys to quit their paying jobs to pursue something they were passionate about. In addition, several of these guys have a responsibility of supporting a family. For you to come here and quibble about $25 bucks and two weeks is ludicrous to me.

I am a Cod convert. I supported IW (now wholly owned by Activision) from CoD to CoD:UO and bailed on CoD2. I tolerated the ZERO dev support for 3 years. Between software purchases and server rentals, I had several thousand dollars "invested" in that series. When CoD2 came out with all of the OLD MP patched flaws back, I'd had enough. Worse still, CoD2 has been out FIVE MONTHS with NO patch and only ONE comment from the President made in their "Official" forums. There have been less than one half dozen posts from devs in that time period, too. This all courtesy of a NASDAQ listed company of which I owned stock.

So for less than $25, I consider it refreshing to be able to discuss problems, likes/dislikes, fun, etc. with the real life developers of the game. If its not your cup of tea or you can't contribute in a meaningful manner ( and yes constructive criticism is valid), then perhaps you should move on or seek settlement. The constant drivel is tiring. I commend the team for their ability to bite their tongues and keep their cool.

[/offtopic]

Floyd (One of these days...I'm gonna learn to keep my big mouth shut!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0