• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

'This version of RO:Ostfront is incompatible with the server you are connecting to.'

Thanks to everyone that has PMed me there information so far. If you all would be so kind, I have another thing I would like you to try to help us track down the issue. If you could, please try and connect to the following server:

63.211.111.52:7757 - Official RO Tripwire Dev Server 1 US East

Since we admin this server ourselves, we can look directly at the logs and get more information about why you might not be able to connect. As before, if you cannot connect to this server, PM me your steam id and the time you tried to connect. Additionally, if at all possible PM me in the #redorchestra channel on irc.gamesurge.net when you're having the issue. That way I can look at the server logs in real time, as you try and log in, which will really speed up tracking down the issue.

Once again, thanks to all of you that are helping us try and sort this issue, and thanks for your patience.

Upvote 0
[RO]Ramm-Jaeger said:
Thanks to everyone that has PMed me there information so far. If you all would be so kind, I have another thing I would like you to try to help us track down the issue. If you could, please try and connect to the following server:

63.211.111.52:7757 - Official RO Tripwire Dev Server 1 US East

Since we admin this server ourselves, we can look directly at the logs and get more information about why you might not be able to connect. As before, if you cannot connect to this server, PM me your steam id and the time you tried to connect. Additionally, if at all possible PM me in the #redorchestra channel on irc.gamesurge.net when you're having the issue. That way I can look at the server logs in real time, as you try and log in, which will really speed up tracking down the issue.

Once again, thanks to all of you that are helping us try and sort this issue, and thanks for your patience.

Actually the server is 63.211.111.82:7757

Upvote 0
you can sort in serverbrowser the playernumber on server.
you will find some servers with people on, the try them.
if you are lucky you will find one, whos working.

you can connect to our clanserver too (euro-server).
we disabled vac, so i can play there. (yesterday we played with 32 players for a long time.)
[-project.twilight-] and D.a.L Ostfront-Server
85.131.253.67:7757

ramm tested some things yesterday with the dev-server and we were asked to connect. after this test he told me, that they are working on the problem.
so keep watching this forum for the next tests or announcments, so we can help them to help us.

lets hope, they will find and fix it soon.

Upvote 0
Do they have any indication where the problem lies yet ? you would want to think its something with the files in our copies somehow but some have even tried a fresh install on a diff machine , others have done everything but reformat which makes you think its an acct prob, yet its only with 99% of all vac servers & some people dont have the prob + most of us were able to play fine for about a week or so after release before this began occuring , so what has changed? it's like there doesnt seem to be anything pointing to one particular area ,...confusing,....

naw I wouldnt say that bunny , many of us have played the mod with these guys for years , I don't think they are like that
alot of games or programs do screwy things sometimes , it is frustrating , Im missing my BFE tourney too: (
they'll figure it out sooner or later ......

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BL4Z3>FAS> said:
aceto were you talking to him on irc? i dont have irc on this machine but maybe we should set up
a few different times a day in each time zone that we should try connecting to the dev server
to generate some more logs for them to look at as well as watch in real time,...

I was on irc yesterday with [RO]Ramm-Jaeger and he got lots of info from it. He is suppose to email me if he needs my help again. They are working on it.

Upvote 0
deaf_head said:
I posted a fix for this problem like a week or 2 ago, if nobody felt like reading it too bad for them.

Your message:

For those of you who logging out does't help ... like myself here is a fix.

Quote:
Subject Red Orchestra Authentication error? Discussion Thread Response (Mercedes)03/21/2006 09:40 AM Duncan:

Please delete everything in your Steam directory except STEAM.EXE and the STEAM APPS folder. Steam should automatically acquire all the necessary files upon your next login.

I got this as a responce from Steam support, IT WORKS!!!!!!!

So try it out. Like he said delete everything EXCEPT steam.exe and steam apps folder.

DOESN'T WORK.

Upvote 0