• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will the MOD continue?

radix

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Germany
Will the Devs continue to develop the MOD fot ut?

I think that continuing to support the MOD can be a good marketing strategy, especially when ut2k7 will be out.

It doesn't need to be an extensive development , just a "port" of the "old" mod. It should be "financed" from the marketing division budget.

also for now, some ideeas:
- keep 1-2 servers running (EU/NA)
- keep promoting that the MOD is FREE for the ones that have UT
- keep telling people that if they like the MOD they should try a "demo" version of RO:O.

radix said:
Will the Devs continue to develop the MOD fot ut?

I think that continuing to support the MOD can be a good marketing strategy, especially when ut2k7 will be out.

It doesn't need to be an extensive development , just a "port" of the "old" mod. It should be "financed" from the marketing division budget.

Hehe... this isn't Ubisoft or EA we are talking about here, the "marketing division" is probably one guy and the tea lady ;) . And I doubt the whole marketing/advertising budget would cover the costs of even "just" a port to UK2007.

I see your point, but I doubt such work would pay for itself. A port to the new engine would be difficult, expensive and time-consuming enough. The big problem, I think, is that the mod would, deliberately, not be as good as RO - otherwise why would anyone buy RO? If it's nerfed in that fashion, its hardly likely to attract more customers particularly as a UT2007 mod is likely to look a lot better than RO, even if it doesn't play as well.

Upvote 0
Hi all :)

I dunno... but if the TW staff gone use a bet energy for the mod then they loose that energy for the main golden trail.

A good idea would been those who never made it up high in the RO mod and give that person or this ppl responsibility to keep on working on it just as a fun play sand ground hobby... and edication purpose. Talent ppl could seek into the RO Mod section. A Forplay to learn or chear there own fantastical work for the community and TW?

A free learning school before getting employed in the future maybe at the TW office? Deppends how succesfull RO41-45 will fall out a bet longer till summer times?

Hope u all get my idea what i mean?

Cheers on :)

BR A N.

Upvote 0