• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

'This version of RO:Ostfront is incompatible with the server you are connecting to.'

I had this very same problem that a lot of others are getting.
After scratching my head and trying diffrent things for a couple of hours i managed to get it to work again.
I ran a "verify integrity of game cach", then loged out of steam by selecting "change user".
Then i cleared the system cash just for the hell of it.
Then re booted, upon reboot i then loged back into steam with user name and pass, re started RO and it worked.
Dunno if this will help anyone but i thought i would post it anway just in case it did.

Upvote 0
This is mermly an observation, but it seems that ppl having this problem are with VAC secured servers. Aceto, exspecially since you said your steam account was stolen, whoever may have stole your account may have hacked on your steam account. This in turned would have given you a VAC ban by Valve, and with that you will be banned from any server, any game that uses VAC security. You can test this assumption, by connecting to non-VAC secured servers. If you can get into those, it would seem that you banned from VAC servers. Valve states that if you are banned by VAC then you will not be able to connect to any VAC secured servers, only non-secured ones.

Just to address this issue which has cropped up as a possibility a few times: Anyone who wants to see their current VAC status should go to your Steam application, then go to File->Settings and underneath your username and e-mail there's a line that states: "VAC status", and it tells you. My own states that I am "in good standing" so that shouldn't be a problem, even though VAC servers still refuse to play for me.

As stated much earlier in the thread, I was also able to run the game without any hitches for four days after its release before leaving for a trip (during which time my computer wasn't used). The problem didn't start for me until after I returned when it suddenly wouldn't work, so again this isn't an issue relating to VAC status in other games since I didn't have any difficulties before this point. Mind you this isn't a pointless or juvenile flame, merely crossing off probable difficulties that would point to an individual user issue. This is very much a Steam problem I believe.

Upvote 0
Devourer said:
Try this guys. Its worked for me & hopefully it will for others. http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4896

picard17 said:
I had this very same problem that a lot of others are getting.
After scratching my head and trying diffrent things for a couple of hours i managed to get it to work again.
I ran a "verify integrity of game cach", then loged out of steam by selecting "change user".
Then i cleared the system cash just for the hell of it.
Then re booted, upon reboot i then loged back into steam with user name and pass, re started RO and it worked.
Dunno if this will help anyone but i thought i would post it anway just in case it did.

i tryed both, but no change. i still get the same 2 errors.

for the time to a hopefully soon patch or solution i disabled vac on our server, so european players with this problem get a new server to play on:

[-project.twilight-] and D.a.L Ostfront-Server
85.131.253.67:7757

if there will be a solution and iam sure there will be, i will enable vac again.

so, see you there on the battlefield,
aceto

Upvote 0
I have not taken the time to read all the posts, so I apologize in advance if this has already been said and isn't a solution. Further, I'm not a computer hardware or software person, just someone who is methodical.

Are you running Steam "in the background" while you're loading and playing Red Orchestra:Ostfront? I have been doing so since the first and haven't had any of the problems reported here and elsewhere. Maybe just lucky; I don't know. Hope this helps.

Ike
Komvzvoda
1st Vzvod-Zug

Upvote 0
thats the reply to my support ticket from steam:

Response (JeffH)03/24/2006 01:02 PM Hello,

Please visit the Red Orchestra Forums for support with any in-game issues:
Red Orchestra Forums

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10
Red Orchestra on IRC

Drop in to #redorchestra on Gamesurge.net for direct support.

its only a joke.
iam sure he did not read the ticket once.
he only saw the game, the message -> "o, ill send him to this forum"

thats what i wouldnt call customer-friendly. thats pure ignorance. imo they are to arrogant to even think about a possible bug in their product.

narf!!!

Droog said:

i checked the portconfig of my router and i allready had enabled all the necessary ports.
the only one i added is the udp 1200 for friendlist.
but no change at all with ostfront.

Hydrex said:
Here are some server's that work for me and have people playing in them.

85.133.16.46:28980

207.210.238.47:7757

Can some one post some more ip's

read the thread,
i posted allready some ips.

best way to find out more is sort the servers in ingamebrowser with mapname.
then you only have to load the "map" once and you will be fast with checking possible working server

Last edited:
Upvote 0
okay, here is what i answered to the steam-ticket:

is it a joke?
do you read this ticket?

as i wrote, it seams to be a valve-steam-realated issue and not a redorchestra-problem.
and the only help and answer i get is "got to the forum there"?

so would you PLEASE read the whole ticket and think about the things i tryed and my conclusions?

or is steam this arrogant, to deny any possible fault or bug?

thank you,
aceto

and all i got as answer:

Hello,

We did not develop Red Orchestra, and do not provide technical support for the game. You will need to take the avenues available in the previous email.

:mad:

Upvote 0
Thats correct Floyd, there are some servers out there that can be used by people with this bug, if you look around on this topic you can find a couple of IPs.

Floyd said:
Did I read correctly that some servers are available to those with this problem?

VAC and non_VAC?

Yoshiro said:
We are looking into this guys, please be patient with us. We don't know what is causing this yet and are still testing several theories.

thanks for the heads up man.

Upvote 0
ok to bring those up to date , who dont want to read through the whole thread , here is my ( and many others) , experiance so far The Game Worked Absolutley Perfectly & nothing has changed on my end. & then .........all of a sudden ...I myself noticed this error message when trying to connect to servers on the wednesday 'This version of RO:Ostfront is incompatible with the server you are connecting to.' but was apparently reported by others as early as monday ,....I can connect to NON VAC enabled servers just fine & very , I mean ...very.... very rarely I can connect to a odd VAC server , at this point it still continues ,...
I cannot connect to vac servs & continue to get the version error msg. It seems stange to me that some are affected & some are not , my Ro is a preorder I wonder if the others are too..
Anyway as most in this thread I have tried all the suggestions & nothing solves this , the only thing that I have read where it has been solved is when the game is re-purchased & a new account made , whats more confusing is that some people sware by the suggestions posted ,yet for many of us these suggested solutions (logging out & back in , deleting certain files etc.) have no effect on the problem at all.
Its a weird one & it is frustrating , but I cannot be mad at anyone these things happen & hopefully it will get figured out & RO will continue to evolve.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BL4Z3>FAS> said:
ok to bring those up to date , who dont want to read through the whole thread , here is my ( and many others) , experiance so far ...I myself noticed this error message when trying to connect to servers on the wednesday 'This version of RO:Ostfront is incompatible with the server you are connecting to.' but was apparently reported by others as early as monday ,....I can connect to NON VAC enabled servers just fine & very , I mean ...very.... very rarely I can connect to a odd VAC server , at this point it still continues ,...
I cannot connect to vac servs & continue to get the version error msg. It seems stange to me that some are affected & some are not , my Ro is a preorder I wonder if the others are too..
Anyway as most in this thread I have tried all the suggestions & nothing solves this , the only thing that I have read where it has been solved is when the game is re-purchased & a new account made , whats more confusing is that some people sware by the suggestions posted ,yet for many of us these suggested solutions (logging out & back in , deleting certain files etc.) have no effect on the problem at all.
Its a weird one & it is frustrating , but I cannot be mad at anyone these things happen & hopefully it will get figured out & RO will continue to evolve.

Mine was pre-ordered also and no solution for me either.

Upvote 0