• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

'This version of RO:Ostfront is incompatible with the server you are connecting to.'

Hmm, after being persistent with Steam support, they've reset my password? I don't know if Steam support did anything beyond that on my account, though. I will have to try again tonight when I get home from work.

Can anyone else try reseting their password in the mean time?

Oh, wait, they followed up with this message:

Hello,

I have successfully launched a game without issue on this account, this would be a system specific issue that you would need to be troubleshooted by the games developer. We do not provide technical support for this game.

Upvote 0
The thing is that you can play just fine on non-VAC servers, while obviously not an instant solution it should be a flashing neon sign to anyone trying to sort this problem out on steams end.

Altho as the steaming pile that VAC is I am sure working on it is a nightmare, however that does not change the fact that there are growing numbers of players who cant play because of it.

Bugs happen, were all gamers and are used to this kind of thing, and while I dont know if the problem lies with tripwire or steam giving the silent treatment to your client base is poor form if you want to keep them happy.

At least blow some smoke up our arse and give us the illusion that you care and someone knows what is going on and is working to fix it.

Upvote 0
Nothing new to offer really, merely putting forth another case of the game giving a "your game version is incompatible" message in the hopes that some shred of information will come forth if more folks speak up. I've tried all of the suggestions offered by players within this topic, and elsewhere throughout the forum without any luck. I'm not certain whether it would be relevant or not, but I have a pre-ordered version and have been playing the game since it launched without any difficulties up until I returned from a 4-day trip today. In my absence this error has cropped up, so it is most certainly steam related and not a personal computer issue (as should be obvious now with the large number of individuals receiving the same errors).

I love the game, but I'm becoming mildly disgruntled about the lack of any information whatsoever. Even if no clear solution is present, at least provide some sort of status update or proof that the issue is being addressed. The game's good enough that I might even buy it again on a new account if absolutely necessary, but not if it's merely going to follow the same course once I leave for college next week. I'm not asking for an insta-fix right away, merely some hint that the issue is being looked at, nothing more.

Upvote 0
welcome spetnaz... make yourself at home... now take a ticket and please wait until tripwire feels it is time to tell you what is going on...

i am also thinking about selling shirts...

roshirt.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
okay, here is the result of the last test i did together with a clanmate.

he logged in with my account on his pc (where ostfront works fine).
now after login in with my account he got the same error:

either "connection failed" or "this copy of ro-ostfront is not compatible with the server you are connecting to".

---> so this prove, that its not a error of the ostfront-version, but a valve-steam-error. (i guess something with the authentification)

SO DEVS, COULD YOU PLEASE CONTACT THEM AND ASK FOR A SOLUTION.

i wrote a email - still no reaction. others wrote emails too and got answers like look in this tread or ostfront is working with this account (yes, ostfront does, but not the connection to the servers)

Upvote 0