• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For Poeple That Cannot Start The Game

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
This post applies only to poeple that cannot get the game to run at all. We need to collect some additional information so that we can determine what is causing the game not to run for you. Additionally, this thread is ONLY applicable to poeple that do not have some other program interferring with RO launching. If RO doesn't launch because of Zone Alarm, Norton, etc. that problem is already known, and is being worked on separately from this problem.

Ok, here is what we need you to do. First, try this list of possible fixes, in this order:

1) Delete RedOrchestra.ini and User.ini in your SteamApps\UserName\Red Orchestra folder. If these files became corrupted, or have been manually edited and messed up, deleting them will cause them to be regenerated on the next game launch, and this has fixed the problem for some poeple.

2) If #1 above doesn't work, then do the following In steam right click the Red Orchestra Icon, then select local files, then click verify integrity of game cache. Once that is complete, delete your Red Orchestra directory in your SteamApps\Username folder. Once you have done that, launch the game. Any corrupted files should be replaced and the game should launch at this point.

3) If 1 and 2 above do not work, please make a post in this thread with two files attached (packed in a zip file preferrably). The two files are RedOrchestra.log, and minidump-v3339.dmp which you should find in your SteamApps\UserName\Red Orchestra\System folder. We can then use these files to help determine what might be going wrong on your system. Additionally, post as much info as you can on your system specs.

Please DO NOT respond to this thread for any other reason than to say "These fixes worked for me" or "My game still doesn't launch, here are the files you requested". The sole purpose of this thread is to help us get to the bottom of your problems, and get you up and running the game as quickly as possible.

Thank you,

John Gibson
President
Tripwire Interactive

Finally some action!

Attached are both files plus my ro config and a dxdiag log.

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3594 MHz with 2046MB RAM
Video: No Video

SetFilePointer Failed 64/2697509: 64 The system cannot find the path specified.

History: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- ULinkerLoad::Seek <- LoadNames <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class Engine.GameEngine NULL) <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Attachments

• unclejimbo827.zip
    34.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tried all of the fixes mentioned above plus some given on IRC. Still no luck.
Did use Zone alarm Pro before this problem but now removed it. So here are the files requested.
Specs:
Intel P4 3.2
1 GB RAM
MSI Neo Motherboard
Asus NV Geforce FX 5950 with forceware 81.98 driver
Audigy 2 Soundcard
2x 153GB HDD

Best of luck on getting a fix done as soon as possible.

Attachments

• Files.zip.zip
    16.4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
My game still doesn't launch

My game still doesn't launch

Both files are 0KB. Probably meaning it didn't even record any activity in the game at all.

Here are the two files anyway.

Pentium 2.0GHZ
Radeon 9600 XT Lite, 256MB VRAM
512 MB Ram
XP Pro.

Attachments

• ro.zip
    242 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0