• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO critical error

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2008 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT (8198)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::StaticAllocateObject <- (Package None) <- UObject::CreatePackage <- UObject::ResolveName <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Sound None..Headshot NULL) <- UObject::processEvent <- (CinematicPlayer rointro.CinematicPlayer, Function UnrealGame.UnrealPlayer.PostBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (CinematicPlayer) <- UObject::processEvent <- (CinematicGame rointro.CinematicGame, Function Engine.GameInfo.Login) <- ULevel::SpawnPlayActor <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3397 MHz with 2046MB RAM
Video: No Video
ReadFile failed: Count=0 BufferCount=94 Error=A device attached to the system is not functioning.
History: LoadObject <- (Class Engine.StreamBase 225573==225573/2697509 225573 94) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class Engine.StreamTag NULL) <- UEngine::Init <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Got that^ trying to start. Only happends if I've played ro already before on the comp w/o restart.

x800xl cat6.3

Upvote 0
Try This, If this doesn't work something is seriously wrong

Try This, If this doesn't work something is seriously wrong

Go to the redorchestra.ini file. Goto Engine.Engine section

Due this, it will load as a very low resolution but it will load with resolution of RO 3.3.

Change this.....

[Engine.Engine]
RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice

To this.....

[Engine.Engine]
RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice

It should load

Upvote 0

Due this, it will load as a very low resolution but it will load with resolution of RO 3.3.

Change this.....

[Engine.Engine]

To this.....

[Engine.Engine]

Load OSTFRONT.

Once it loads, exit OSTFRONT.

The go back to redorchestra.ini

Change the [engine.engine] thingamagig back......

Load red orchestra
Voila... works like magic:D

Upvote 0
pollizzilemaster said:

Change this.....

[Engine.Engine]

To this.....

[Engine.Engine]

Load OSTFRONT.

Once it loads, exit OSTFRONT.

The go back to redorchestra.ini

Change the [engine.engine] thingamagig back......

Load red orchestra
Voila... works like magic:D

For me, it the swtich to OpenGL worked but after I changed it back, it stop working again. So I'll stay with OpenGL for now.

Also, if you have Norton software, shutting down via shortcuts is not enough, also you need to go to start--run--type: system.msc and shut down all Norton stil running in the background.

Upvote 0
Didn't work for me either. I tried both Null and OpenGL without success (only one at a time. ;)).

RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice

My error shows Video: no video. What did your error say, pollizzilemaster? Did your Critical Error show a Video card? May that's part of the distinction as to why this works for some but not for others.

Code:
CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ -2101 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: No Video
SetFilePointer Failed 64/2697509: 64 The system cannot find the path specified.
History: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- ULinkerLoad::Seek <- LoadNames <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class Engine.GameEngine NULL) <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
Concerning re-installation of RO:
TommyToughGuy said:
Tried that... didn't work. I'm also at the point of being HIGHLY frustated. So far I have tried the following:

No Windows Firewall
Delete .ini files
Delete RO folder
Delete and reinstall steam and RO
delete steam related dlls
uninstalled Java
When you uninstalled RO:O did you delete these two files: redorchestracommon.gcf and redorchestraclient.gcf file? They are not in the RO folder. They are in the Steam folder BEFORE you select your username folder. They contain pre-load information. If the pre-load was bad and you re-installed, but didn't get rid of these, a pre-load problem might not get corrected.

I re-installed RO for another reason, but I had to delete many files manually that the uninstaller did not get rid of.

EDIT: TommyToughGuy - It looks like you got the whole Steam folder, so this probably doesn't apply to you. But maybe it will help someone else.

Upvote 0
fivetiger said:
Concerning re-installation of RO:
When you uninstalled RO:O did you delete these two files: redorchestracommon.gcf and redorchestraclient.gcf file? They are not in the RO folder. They are in the Steam folder BEFORE you select your username folder. They contain pre-load information. If the pre-load was bad and you re-installed, but didn't get rid of these, a pre-load problem might not get corrected.

I re-installed RO for another reason, but I had to delete many files manually that the uninstaller did not get rid of.

EDIT: TommyToughGuy - It looks like you got the whole Steam folder, so this probably doesn't apply to you. But maybe it will help someone else.

Where in the steam folder?

Upvote 0