• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Known RO:O Errors/problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having the BSOD issue with zonealarm which I uninstalled. I Then got the screen with the german rifleman up only to get the following

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2420 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU (8360)

General protection fault!

History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Any ideas?
Someone mentioned something about Java?
My spec should be shown above in the error report but if you need to know anything else just ask
[/FONT]

Upvote 0
I think its about time the people at tripwire said something here, the only people offering solutions are other gamers....and its all a bit hit and miss although its great everyone is trying to help each other. My main concern is the huge amount of different problems there seem to be....will tripwire be able to cope with fixing all this before people start demanding their money back....something needs to happen, im patient and i'll hold out and wait as there are ways round my problem till it gets fixed properly, but some people cant even play at all......I ahve to say im amazed that none of this came through on the beta.

maybe next time instead of selecting testers by making them reply to posts they should select more based on a criteria to give them a broad band of users using different setups, isps, firewalls etc....

But that said, the game is good, but stability is well.....worse than BF2 releases and thats saying something!

Upvote 0
welshbrit said:
I was having the BSOD issue with zonealarm which I uninstalled. I Then got the screen with the german rifleman up only to get the following

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2420 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU (8360)

History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Any ideas?
Someone mentioned something about Java?
My spec should be shown above in the error report but if you need to know anything else just ask
[/FONT]
I have found this is the same for me ..

Upvote 0
VOIP and EAX/Hardware problem...

VOIP and EAX/Hardware problem...

Tons of us can't get VOIP to work unless we use 3dSound setting only.
I play over at www.tacticalgamer.com and lots of people are reporting the same issue.

Audigy 2zs latest drivers and latest OpenAL driver installed

All other VOIP apps work fine, Vent./TS/DDO/BF2 ...etc.
Only problem is with RO.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Error: When I Start RO:O nothing happens
Fix:
1. Open Steam and go to 'MyGames'
2. Right click Red Orchestra and select Properties
3. Click on the tab that says 'Local Files' (3rd most right tab)
4. Click on 'Verify integrity of game cache' This will force steam to check the game files and download anything thats missing.
5. When Steam finished downloading the rest of the game, Start Red Orchestra normally
I only get the splash screen when attempting to start the game. I've tried the above fix to avail.

Upvote 0
I know I'm likely just adding to the mess here but I'm having the same issues with Zonealarm.

I just upgraded to the pro option (which does absolutely nothing) and attempted to add the RO executable (which apparently doesn;t exist) So i'm up a creeck with everyone else seeign as how i'm not willing to do away with ZA...

On another note, I downloaded the game and can't find where it is. I know this is dumb its just very simply not where I put it. Running a search right now but nothing so far. Is the downloaded version compacted and snuck in somewhere?

Upvote 0
aeneas said:
I only get the splash screen when attempting to start the game. I've tried the above fix to avail.

Same:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1809 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra (8195)
Failed to enter wadedidit: Can't find file 'wadedidit'
History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Steam id is wadedidit

Sorry for the language but this is ****ed.

Upvote 0
CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2937 MHz with 1022MB RAM
Video: RADEON X600/X550 Series (6599)

I am getting the same error as alot of other people.
why won't the people at valve offer some insight into these technical issues,
i bought the game through them, it does;nt give them much credability offering a pc title that has been much anticipated, yet is probably 80% buggy???
i purchased rainbow six lockdown about a month ago, still unable to play online like thousands of others, because of bugs.
still no patch for that game either.all these software companies that we have grown up with and supported for years with millions of dollars, are turning into nothing more than just your ordinary money guzzling corporations.
they no they can put garbage out, and that people like us will accept it, cause u sure as hell can't fight them.

anyway i really hope that a patch is released soon..

Upvote 0
Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot

Upvote 0
Resolving the ZA problem (BSDC)

Resolving the ZA problem (BSDC)

Sorry for my bad english

The Firewall itself is not the real problem with ZA , it's the TrueVector program who run behind ZA .

You must make a complete uninstallation of ZA and it's a little tricky ...

I give a link ( sorry in french ) for this : http://perso.numericable.fr/~jeanbalcz/websecurite/zaun.htm

After i run the Windows firewall , it's ok for this game :) !

For other activities or games i have the Keryo firewall ( beware it make a BSDC with ROOST :( )

I hope this will help

Upvote 0
Update @ 10:30 GMT March 16th.

Some notes... please remember to check the first post in this thread - we are adding fixes as they are found.

If you find a fix for something - please let us know in #rohelp on IRC. Fixes out in the forums can easily get missed, hence this thread linked from the front page.

Zonealarm - if you are taking the "remove ZA" approach, yes, you do need to remove everything, uninstall, not just disable. It now appears to be linked to just the free version of ZA, but we are trying to confirm this with ZA themselves.

AOL appears to be related to ports used by Steam/RO and by AOL potentially conflicting - we are looking for a resolution.

There is a fix at the start of this thread for the "Cannot find file 'ok'" error, along with a number of others.

Where you are having the game crash, we need information. It is also very useful to know if you have had the crash with other software as it may help us isolate your specific issue.

Again, please stop by #rohelp on Gamesurge where we will try and help and also gather as much information as we can for the programmers to work from!

Upvote 0
Wilsonam, thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

The ZA error is not just related to the free version. I have Pro as do a number of others who have posted here with problems.

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53259&postcount=21

I appreciate Tripwires efforts to fix this quickly. This has got to be a nightmare for you guys. But I also would stress that someone needs to monitor this forum. IRC is great for quick commo but unless we are parsing our logs, we can't see a record of what's happening.

Patiently waiting for a fix........ :)

Upvote 0
After playing for about fifteen minutes (first time ever in game) I got BLUE SCREEN at map change.

Had to reboot.

Got back in but then at map change got BLUE SCREEN.

Now I can't even load the game at all and get this error report:

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2411 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9800 PRO (6512)

History: UObject::StaticAllocateObject <- (Package None) <- UObject::CreatePackage <- UObject::ResolveName <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Sound None..Headshot NULL) <- UObject::processEvent <- (CinematicPlayer ROintro.CinematicPlayer, Function UnrealGame.UnrealPlayer.PostBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (CinematicPlayer) <- UObject::processEvent <- (CinematicGame ROintro.CinematicGame, Function Engine.GameInfo.Login) <- ULevel::SpawnPlayActor <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
Zee said:
And what about Norton Internet Security? Do i have to use another antivirus/firewall because the error messages? I dont think it is the best option to resolve the problem.

i have the same thing and i finally got mine to work. i opened up nortons internet security and clicked on firewall link on the right side, then selected config, then program tab, scrolled down till i found RO, then double click it and selected permit all then hit ok. then my RO worked fine.

note: this is on nortons security 2005, im sure its about the same for other versions.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.