• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

red orchestra 2.5-3.0 license's and of questions

diejondie

Mar 14, 2006
so after winning mod of the award i believe it says they were given 2.5 and 3.0 ut engine licenses... does this mean somewhere down the line it is very possible to see RO on the 3.0 engine?

also, alot of features in the mod arent in the lincesned game, is this because they havent been added yet? or they decided not to add them into the lincensed product? one last question.. lol. should i expect the game to run the same way it did in the modded version?

just curious because that would be great if they continued added features... anyway im looking forward to playing ost front, pre ordered it, and i kind of convinced 20 people in my gaming community to consider playing it, its only a matter of time... anyway great work, hope the gameplay is great.

The devs have both the 2.5 and 3.0 engine. They can use it for whatever they want, so its possible that they may make an RO-like game on the Unreal Engine 3.0.

What features are you talking about? As far as I can tell, Ostfront is pretty much going to be better in every way than the mod. I can't think of a feature that was in the mod that isn't included or improved upon in the mod.

Upvote 0
As Bob said, Ostfront isn't missing alot of features that the mod had. It has improved on everything the mod had to offer, with plenty of new features thrown in. With the engine license, the devs were able to make things run far more smoothly than the mod (something to do with running less things via scripts). So expect equal or better performance.

Tripwire hasn't decided what they're going to do with the 3.0 license. Continue the RO "series" (could take that as being a game set away from the Eastern Front) or possibly create an entirely new game.

Upvote 0
i thought a few weapons might have been missing, like a couple versions of the moisn nagant, and i thought the mauser was in the mod. i could be wrong. the sniper rifles no longer have vision blured while aiming, and do weapons still fall if the player is shot in the hand area? i never played the mod, but i thought the devs didnt include everything that was in the mod, but i guess im wrong for the most part! thanks for the quick responses.

Upvote 0
Drude said:
does nice count as boring.

WW1 = lots of bolt action rifles, unrelieable funny looking tin can tanks, unable to simulate the fights. (Stationary fighting / MASS attacks)

Actually, you're just thinking of the western front after about 1915. Before that it was very mobile with cavalry and all sorts.

There was also an italian front, an eastern front and an african front which were all very mobile all through the war.

-=KnIfE=-

Upvote 0
the engine that the devs won 3, they are keeping under wraps so that they can work on somthing special. not to mention they have to get to grips with the engine itsself to develop A game. while we mere mortals play roost, this possibly gives them a year(not to put them under pressure) to dev a game by the time we are bored of roost, if ever. then they will blow us away with a new game with the unreal engine they have won.most developers havent started with unreal2.5 let alone 3 and not many have got access to all the code ...:eek:

Upvote 0
-=KnIfE=- said:
Actually, you're just thinking of the western front after about 1915. Before that it was very mobile with cavalry and all sorts.

There was also an italian front, an eastern front and an african front which were all very mobile all through the war.

-=KnIfE=-

Well, the immobility wasn't the main point.

32 players server simulating attacks that had massive amount of men...
umm. no.

Upvote 0
I hate to talk about this before the game is even released but remember people your only going to see a sequel on the UE3 engine if this game is a success financially the cost of making a ro on the UE3 would be much greater then the cost for the current ro since they had alot of the work done allready. So if you want to see a sequel make sure you tell your friends to buy a copy heck i heard some of the more hardcore fans are buying two copies.

Upvote 0
Ron said:
I hate to talk about this before the game is even released but remember people your only going to see a sequel on the UE3 engine if this game is a success financially the cost of making a ro on the UE3 would be much greater then the cost for the current ro since they had alot of the work done allready. So if you want to see a sequel make sure you tell your friends to buy a copy heck i heard some of the more hardcore fans are buying two copies.
Absolutely 110% CORRECT. Thank you :)

Upvote 0
Well, the immobility wasn't the main point.

32 players server simulating attacks that had massive amount of men...
umm. no.

Yea I know what you mean, although I'd like to see a WW1 game but just wouldn't feel right. One day a game will be made like an MMO where mass people can get into the server and organised attacks will be held and you will fight all over the western front.

Upvote 0