• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

America NDAA... heading to Germany 1934

You say you watch the news constantly. Maybe you should open a history book too, occasionally. Just to get a perspective on how much of that news you keep watching is sensationalized out of proportion or biased propaganda and how many of these current issues that are supposedly threatening your livelihood and the free world as such have been around for ages... Because that's the part the news likes to leave out!
Correction: I read the news, not watch it. I don't watch Fox News except when the President is giving a speech. I read the BBC and the AP. From reading the BBC for a few years, I generally get the feeling that they are slightly anti-American. It's just something subtle you pick up on after a while. So if I'm getting news from an objective anti-American source, how am I being sensationalized by biased propaganda?
You know, if the "war on terror" wasn't just a figure of speech to hand-wave extreme counter terrorist measures no one would ever deem reasonable except in a case of war, you might have a point there.
It wasn't just a war on terror. It was a war of revenge among other things. We got our revenge, but we're there now, so we should finish what we started. It's in Europe's best interests for us to quash terrorism/insurgency, as there isn't an ocean between them and the training grounds.
I think almost every government has clauses that in extreme circumstances, such as an all-out war against the homeland, the government can temporarily (!) violate people's freedoms and skip a couple of checks and balances so the state can react faster and, if absolutely necessary, with more force than it normally could.

That's so not the case here though except on Fox and in speeches. It's a huge mistake on your part to fall for this line of rhetoric and scare-mongering to a degree that it makes sense to you that America's liberties (arguably what makes America great) have to be sacrificed to protect you.
But why wait until **** hits the fan and lives are lost?

Like I said, I don't watch Fox News except for the President's speeches. And I take his speeches with a grain of salt.

Our ability to ascend from nothing to greatness is what makes America great.
Nothing is threatening you that makes either the Patriot Act or this NDAA bs worth it.
"Sharp rise of terrorism"... pff
It seems everyone in London adapted well to the thousands of cameras across the city. Where is everyone crying for privacy now? Those cameras were instrumental in catching those related to the subway bombings on 7/7. Justice was dealt because of the lack of privacy.

It's also a deterrence, just as our nuclear arsenal was during the Cold War.
The Major, or whoever quoted Franklin, is absolutely right:
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. As Yoda would say. That's the only explanation I can come up with why a coward like you would want to join the military to take up arms. Ironic as it may be.
That quote is outdated. Times are different than they were 230+ years ago.
You're a coward for not supporting proactive measures against terrorism.

Yet you don't want the rest of the world to hate you...
I never said that. Where did I say that?
My stance is that I don't give a damn who hates me as an American or hates the United States.
The US is exactly like a big bully that steals the candies of all his classmates at school and nobody likes being robbed. As long as the US keep their foreign policy of breaking the sovereignty of other countries, doing whatever they want with the rest of the world as if it were their playground and waging a new war every 10 years, most people will hate them and the terrorism threat will stay high.
We're the bully that pays them for the candy we stole. Hey, people like cheap stuff here. Tell a guy that's used to buying crap 70% cheaper than what it would cost to be home grown and home made that he has to pay 70% more isn't going to exactly be happy. We're the Walmart generation.
And 1.) We wouldn't be in Afghanistan if the Soviets didn't try to take over the country. 2.) We wouldn't be in Iraq if Saddam didn't take over Kuwait the first time, or kill a few hundred thousand Kurds the second time.
And we wouldn't have been in other places like Grenada and such if stupid communists didn't hold unarmed Americans hostage.
Unfortunately, most people can't tell the difference between government, country and countrymen. I have nothing against the US or their citizens, as they are just like any other country to me, but I definetely don't like their foreign policy. I think pretty much everybody likes the American way of life, like I do, as it's almost the same as my way of life.

The US will never win the war on terror with their current foreign policy. They've certainly earned the hate from the rest of the world, now they have to earn their trust and that's the only way they can win the war on terror.
We certainly will not win the war with the lack of support the populous shows. Our strategy didn't lose Vietnam, the people did, and this will be the same way. 10 years is enough time to forget for some.
You're an insult to the service.
I can throw around words without an explanation. But I won't because I'm better than that.

Upvote 0
We're the bully that pays them for the candy we stole. Hey, people like cheap stuff here. Tell a guy that's used to buying crap 70% cheaper than what it would cost to be home grown and home made that he has to pay 70% more isn't going to exactly be happy. We're the Walmart generation.
And 1.) We wouldn't be in Afghanistan if the Soviets didn't try to take over the country. 2.) We wouldn't be in Iraq if Saddam didn't take over Kuwait the first time, or kill a few hundred thousand Kurds the second time.
And we wouldn't have been in other places like Grenada and such if stupid communists didn't hold unarmed Americans hostage.
But countries should not get involved in the internal problems of the others, Alex. That's called sovereignty, and it's one of the pillars of the thing we call "state". If you would fight proudly to support your country overthrowing governments and invading other countries to steal their resources, you're no better than a thug doing the same to for the mobsters, extorting from small businesses saying it's for their protection just like we see in the movies, just to give your boss more luxuries.

Would you like being invaded and occupied by China for 10 years because your government is doing massacres around the country, and then having a Chinese leading your country through a puppet government that wants only your resources? You have to put yourself in their shoes to understand how it is for them. Ultranationalism is not true patriotism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It wasn't just a war on terror. It was a war of revenge among other things. We got our revenge, but we're there now, so we should finish what we started.
Yeah, your little war of revenge over seas wasn't what I was talking about. I was talking about what's going on in America under the guise of a "war on terror" that isn't a war at all... It's a police matter like it's always been.

It's in Europe's best interests for us to quash terrorism/insurgency, as there isn't an ocean between them and the training grounds.
Lol, you can let us worry about that. We've dealt with much, much worse. RAF, IRA, ETA...
I'm not saying we don't need America or we don't appreciate her help. We absolutely do. Just in this case, this specific war, don't kid yourself and think you're doing this for us. You're not.

So if I'm getting news from an objective anti-American source, how am I being sensationalized by biased propaganda?
You have no idea how the news works, do you?:(

I'm sorry, bringing this up was my mistake.

You know, when I say the news is sensationalized and biased I'm talking about how a news organization's motivation and background has an impact on what and how it's reporting, and one thing that's true for pretty much any kind of news it's that current dangers are always hyped more than they deserve. 20 years from now most of these little fear-mongering reports will be forgotten, but hearing about them now - without the experience and knowledge you gained from having been around a while and studying history - you may get the impression the end is nigh. And that's the kind of fear that leads to people supporting something as ridiculous as the Patriot Act.
Your "sharp rise of terrorism" that you lived through, lol, is largely a product of news wanting to be interesting. Your country won't be "razed" by terrorists, as you put it, with the only hope of salvation being that you give up your right to due process, your privacy or other liberties.

I say bringing this up was my mistake, because that's how you talk to a normal, impressionable young person you want to share a little life experience with so they don't get side-tracked.

You obviously can't handle the news at all though, or you wouldn't have arrived at your screwed up narrow point of view from supposedly following objective news sources. Your view of the world isn't the product of a little bias and/or sensationalism. It's the product of screwed up indoctrination, be it induced by your social environment, the media or yourself.

You obviously didn't get it from following the BBC too closely, lol.

I feel like I just said "be a little gentler. She'll enjoy it more" to a broom handle full of coke that's buried to the hilt in a dead hooker's ***.
And with that I just want to say, it's probably not going to listen either.:p

Reactions: Moyako
Upvote 0
You have to be a Grade A f*ckwit moron, and have your head shoved up your cornhole to support something like the Patriot Act. It's not hard to see through the bull that the media spins as truth.

Murph, I doubt anything anyone could say would change his mind, though I lol'd at the hooker analogy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Murphy and Moyako
Upvote 0
I think the world should pro-actively join forces, invade the US, get rid of the problem of American corporations and we'll all enjoy a better world of tomorrow.

comeatusbro.jpg

Upvote 0
These acts are becoming ever more necessary with the increasing threat of terrorism. Violence and war evolves, so a country needs to evolve along with it. If we stick to our doctrine of liberty and privacy, terrorists will raze this country to the ground. For anyone to say liberty and privacy is more important than human life is kind of scary.

I'm sure that's how it is for some of them, but not all of them.

Oh no, people took advantage of a situation and profited from it! That's capitalism. Either you love it or you loathe it.

And FYI, Saddam killed hundreds of thousands of Kurds before we got there. We saved their asses from complete annihilation and extermination.

First of all, China is up to their **** claiming they own all of the China Sea, despite the 12 nautical mile rule that every nation obeys. They started all of that. They were the ones threatening other small nations that the water is theirs. That is why the President started strengthening ties with Australia to combat this growing pressure. We didn't start this crap at all. And we're the only ones that are carrying exercises on the edge of their waters? So are they, and they started it first.

Iran was the one who started the whole crap about the Hormuz Straight. Not us. And... :eek:, we're protecting China's interests by patrolling the waters and safeguarding passing ships! How evil we are!

Again, this is capitalism. You love it or you loathe it. No one had to do any business with us if they didn't want to.

How many people around the world hate us? Too many to count. That's why our military needs to be so powerful. People hate our lifestyle and how we do things, but we aren't going to let them put a stop to it. Our military protects our interests and human lives. The strength of a nation is its army. The strength of an army is its soldiers. The strength of soldiers is their families.

It's an up and down cycle. We just made 200,000 jobs last month and unemployment is down to 8.5%. The people making millions of dollars aren't just sitting on their money. They are reinvesting and making the world turn. They earned the money they made, and they are the ones giving us jobs so we can work. I thank corporations and rich fat cats every day for giving me a job. If you don't like the capitalist system, maybe it's best you live somewhere else.
3015062728_6b27f9a6ae.jpg

Also lol I spent all my daily likes/dislikes on Page 1 alone

Last edited:
Upvote 0