• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For the sake of everyone.

What irks me is how servers state that there is a level limit and if you're below that level then you are automatically kicked, but admins never, EVER, enforce that rule. I hop into a server that says "Level 4 and above only" and see that my entire team is level 2 and below.

Creating rules is pointless if you're not going to enforce them. It also makes the game more frustrating for experienced players because we end up having to work twice as hard to make up for the one guy who insists on playing in a hard difficulty server despite being level 0 in every perk.

Reactions: AlphaBoy
Upvote 0
What irks me is how servers state that there is a level limit and if you're below that level then you are automatically kicked, but admins never, EVER, enforce that rule. I hop into a server that says "Level 4 and above only" and see that my entire team is level 2 and below.

Creating rules is pointless if you're not going to enforce them. It also makes the game more frustrating for experienced players because we end up having to work twice as hard to make up for the one guy who insists on playing in a hard difficulty server despite being level 0 in every perk.
Hence my server has no rules, besides the usual some sanity required. <_<

That's why the level control sounds better to filter them out instead of a sign that's ignored.

Upvote 0
Additionally, I find it difficult to find 5 or 6 ppl who have lvl 6 perks and who can actually play HoE. The number of times a lvl 6 has raged a FP, with a nade, on me while I was kiting it I can't tell you. I find that more annoying than a newbie who shouldn't know better (but is about to find out real fast).

Upvote 0
Additionally, I find it difficult to find 5 or 6 ppl who have lvl 6 perks and who can actually play HoE. The number of times a lvl 6 has raged a FP, with a nade, on me while I was kiting it I can't tell you. I find that more annoying than a newbie who shouldn't know better (but is about to find out real fast).
XD You can add me, though I only use Central Servers ._.

Upvote 0
I feel like necro-bumping my thread as it never got a developer response before, and it got nothing but positive feedback on the idea to just simply change the difficulty filter for first timers/new buyers.

Also because we could possibly be seeing a new event right around the corner with the new DLC. And if not then, the halloween event is just a couple months away and there will be yet another wave of new players.

All this idea is meant is to greater increase the longevity and everyone's love for the game.

Hoping to get a response this time around.

Thanks.

Upvote 0