• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Redirect Problems

forrestmark9

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 29, 2011
I don't know why but when anyone including myself tries to download a file it goes fast then restarts going super slow, I don't get it I have the file in the redirect and all the other files dl fine. Also the file in the redirect is exactly the same as the one used by the server

I don't know why but when anyone including myself tries to download a file it goes fast then restarts going super slow, I don't get it I have the file in the redirect and all the other files dl fine. Also the file in the redirect is exactly the same as the one used by the server

Sounds like there's a mismatch between your server and your redirect, so a client downloads the compressed uz2 file from the redirect, but since it differs it may try downloading directly from the server.

Or the download goes beyond 100%

Upvote 0
Sounds like there's a mismatch between your server and your redirect, so a client downloads the compressed uz2 file from the redirect, but since it differs it may try downloading directly from the server.

Or the download goes beyond 100%

Well the file is exactly the same as the one on the server I've compressed it 3 times and uploaded it and still the same results I had the same problem with another file but renaming it and changing it in the code for the weapons that use it fixed it but with this one changing the name doesn't work

Upvote 0
what ftp program are you using? i use filezilla now, because fireftp wasn't completely uploading the files correctly, leaving like 300-500 bytes off each file.

also, you have to name the files EXACTLY how kf thinks they are, so if the game says "downloading kf-tEStmAp.rom" you have to make sure that the file is named "kf-tEStmAp.rom.uz2" on the redirect, not "KF-Testmap.rom.uz2"

Upvote 0
what ftp program are you using? i use filezilla now, because fireftp wasn't completely uploading the files correctly, leaving like 300-500 bytes off each file.

also, you have to name the files EXACTLY how kf thinks they are, so if the game says "downloading kf-tEStmAp.rom" you have to make sure that the file is named "kf-tEStmAp.rom.uz2" on the redirect, not "KF-Testmap.rom.uz2"

I use Dropbox and yes the file name is exactly the same the file is 17mb or so compressed though

Upvote 0
well, why dont you tell us how you have your setup, so we dont have to guess anymore.

can you access your redirect without being asked for a password?
is it specified in your killingfloor.ini?
are you absolutely sure the file name is correct? have you checked the file sizes down to the last byte?

Yes I can access my redirect it could be Dropbox but I don't know any other places to use as a redirect and FTP is out of the question since it requires a password

Yes it is, it works for downloading other files but not that one specificly

Yes the file is exactly the same uncompressed and compressed

Upvote 0
when you connect and it says "downloading .... " is that exactly how the file on the redirect is named?
and the file size is exactly the same as what you have uploaded? down to the bit.
(the .uz2)
do you have compression enabled in the ini?
what do you have for redirecttourl= ?

The file is named BallisticAnims2.ukx on the download screen and the file is named BallisticAnims2.ukx.uz2 in the redirect the filesize uncompressed is 36,099,849 bytes the filesize compressed is 18,809,189 bytes the size it shows on the download screen is 18368K, I have UseCompression set to true and the redirect url is http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52828637/. It could be a filesize issue but I don't know to fix that since I've recompressed it over 3 times

Upvote 0
well, it could be one of two things:
1)i cant connect to your redirect, it should open in my browser window, i get a 404 error.

2)the compressed size is different than what kf thinks it is, is the filesize of the compressed file the same as on your computer as it is on the redirect?
could be an upload corruption error.

Dropbox will give a 404 error when trying to connect to that link via a browser but it seems to work for KF since other files download just fine through the redirect and yes the file size on the redirect is exactly the same

Upvote 0
Dropbox will give a 404 error when trying to connect to that link via a browser but it seems to work for KF since other files download just fine through the redirect and yes the file size on the redirect is exactly the same

Im with ro on this.

Maybe you've hit a bandwidth limit?

Think about purchasing some webspace/webhost

Upvote 0
Im with ro on this.

Maybe you've hit a bandwidth limit?

Think about purchasing some webspace/webhost

Hmm possibly I did get a GameServers Redirect but I stupidly got the Unlimited for a GameServers server and not a external server

Edit:
I fixed the issue with GameServers but the download still does the same thing

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeah i'm not sure whats going on, most of my redirect problems had been from those two problems pertaining to files being different due to corruption or misnamed uz2's.

Ditto'd again :p

Possibly your ftp client is not uploading them in the right type ASCII/Binary (cant remember which is default, which isnt in most clients)

Upvote 0