• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MGers ditching their weapon.

If you will allow me a small rant, it really p***es me off when I see someone take the MG class, then throw away the MG and go pistol-only to try and level up the pistol.

To all such players: This is downright selfish!! Please don't take MG class unless you're going to use it properly to support your team!

That's all, thanks for listening.

In my opinion, it's not people trying to lvl up the pistol and being d*cks in the process that is the core of the issue... it's the fact that RO2 is about running a virtual treadmill to gain XP and how much focus they have put on that. it's a game where you grind and the game rewards you for doing so. Now if the game was compelling and put more emphasis on teamplay and tactics, and made those elements rewarding (not just grinding for xp), you might see behaviors like these far less often.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you will allow me a small rant, it really p***es me off when I see someone take the MG class, then throw away the MG and go pistol-only to try and level up the pistol.

To all such players: This is downright selfish!! Please don't take MG class unless you're going to use it properly to support your team!

Please... MG class is always free!

Reactions: shadowmoses
Upvote 0
In my opinion, it's not people trying to lvl up the pistol and being d*cks in the process that is the core of the issue... it's the fact that RO2 is about running a virtual treadmill to gain XP and how much focus they have put on that. it's a game where you grind and the game rewards you for doing so. Now if the game was compelling and put more emphasis on teamplay and tactics, and made those elements rewarding (not just grinding for xp), you might see behaviors like these far less often.
In addition to the whole game rewarding this kind of silliness via its unnecessary unlocks system, it also highlights the lack of will of players to use the MG in its inteded role. You know it's bad when people are either getting most of their MG kills by running around like rambo, or ditch the role altogether just to get the pistol. Either way, it's really sad.

Perhaps people would be more willing to use the MG as intended if they didn't get their head shot off the instant they bother to set it up on a surface!

Upvote 0
Perhaps people would be more willing to use the MG as intended if they didn't get their head shot off the instant they bother to set it up on a surface!

Or have to negotiate the library of flat surfaces that litter the maps which MAY or MAY NOT actually allow you to deploy on them. Or how the object that you can actually deploy on, position you on an awkward angle/location/placement at the deployed spot.

Reactions: Tummel
Upvote 0
What do you think of players who choose to be commander??

And then doing nothing to support their team. Most of them
don`t let spawn the teamplayers earlier and don`t use artillery or
use it wrong for example on the first capplace. :mad:

I hate abuse of any class, but that was just particularly annoying me at the time.

Upvote 0

That's just another example of how little the game promotes the use of smart, tactical, team-based gameplay.
I think we are talking about the exact same core issue.

Upvote 0

Agreed!
Weapons Class XP should be removed.
also, kills should be worth 1/10th of the current XP. Capping (and maybe destroying tanks) is where the points should be gained.

Upvote 0
That's just another example of how little the game promotes the use of smart, tactical, team-based gameplay.
I think we are talking about the exact same core issue.

Yes. although you have to give commanders some slack, especially if they are deliberately trying to wait until AFTER the first cap to use their arty, despite the howls of anguish from their team-mates. There's a lot of pressure over the comms from people to drop arty every 5 seconds in this game...

Upvote 0

Indeed. As any slowloader knows, it is always the rifleman and the mg class that has available slots left last.

This is not a big problem. If anything it may even get the mg'er to do something productive and move closer to objectives and cover the team (albeit with his pistol), rather than just staying around spawn trying to "snipe" random enemy strays and friendlies in the cap zone.

Upvote 0

Interesting, I don't remember any of these behaviors in RO:O. What changed since that? Ahhhhh unlocks and leveling....I remember that community didn't wanted it to avoid such situations, but someone decided different.

Reactions: Richey79
Upvote 0

Many of them are new comers o_O I sucked on the launch day as commander, had no clue how radio stuff worked etc. and I have always difficulties to follow in-game chat when trying new game...

Nowadays you don't want me to be commander if you are playing on other team.

Commissars ( Danab is tanker)
Spoiler!

Sparta
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
<---- What he said.

LOL this thread is about me I believe? :rolleyes:

Firstly MG class is always free. Secondly anyone can pick up the MG in spawn, thus creating more MGr's if that's what needed. And finally even with my pistol I'm mostly in the top 2 and always go to caps, as it's easier to kill in cap with the pistol anyways.

In fact it's been rare that I've seen Russian MG position full.

In my opinion it's more annoying when we dont have SL's and commander positions being used properly.

Anyways, I'm at lvl 22 now I think, so just another day before I get the silencer. Then after that you will come and write a thread about how annoying it is that people Rambo with the MG. Coz I'm lvling that up next! :cool:

The only class that annoys me for not being used properly is SL and Commander...

Last edited:
Reactions: DasFist and r5cya
Upvote 0