• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ogledow event

Hull AI gunner keeps me away from Ogledow :(

Don't be chicken -- just stay away from the front of the tank. See you at noon on the server!

For those who don't know -- just open console and type
Open 109.70.149.158:7781
to join the server.

Server's already filling up -- this will be a great game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So far I've died countless times to insta-headshot aimbot tank MGs through hedge rows, tiny slits in fencing, tiny fireholes in walls, smoke and goodness knows what else often from great distance the very instant my head comes out of cover. I count that as a fail.

Clearly this is not the fault of the map in any way. :) The tank game in RO2 is so f__ked up I avoid any server that doesn't have them turned off (which makes me very sad as I'm an RO tanker of old). Reasons to make me rejoice would be a) an infantry only version of Ogle, b) a working tank game in RO2, or c) both of the aforementioned.

Reactions: CaseyHairyback
Upvote 0
So far I've died countless times to insta-headshot aimbot tank MGs through hedge rows, tiny slits in fencing, tiny fireholes in walls, smoke and goodness knows what else often from great distance the very instant my head comes out of cover. I count that as a fail.

Clearly this is not the fault of the map in any way. :) The tank game in RO2 is so f__ked up I avoid any server that doesn't have them turned off (which makes me very sad as I'm an RO tanker of old). Reasons to make me rejoice would be a) an infantry only version of Ogle, b) a working tank game in RO2, or c) both of the aforementioned.
the only time that tank gunner gets me, is when it's my own fault and i get in front of the tank and let him see me. it pays to avoid being in front of a tank. you could also jump in a tank of your own. the mg can't hurt you then!

but hey, if you don't want to play on the map, don't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I played today too. And I left the game because the axis did keep on parking there tank at the right side of allies spawn (left side for axis point of view). And they pointed there MG bot into allies spawn. There 2nd tank was on the main road into Ogledow killing all that tried to move around the 1st tank. Sorry, but that MG gun really can spoil a good game.

For the server admins, if there are no more bots on your server, then please set your difficulty level to recruit. Why well for this table with miss percentages for the tanks MG:
- Recruit: 35%
- Soldier: 30%
- Veteran: 25%
- Hero: 20%

I know the differences aren't that big, but at least the infantry will have a slight better chance in staying alive.

Upvote 0
I just finished playing I played about 3 hours, and came to share with you my game experiences.
I was very pleased that the server was full all the time. This means that the people like open huge maps like Ogledow.
As for me Ogledow showed me a completely different dimension of Red Orchestra 2.
I felt like I was playing a completely new game!
Map is nearly bug free, great work guys!

[40-1] Thank you for this event!

Six_Ten great antitank game! I recommend myself as your support also in the future, was cool!

Also :IS2: you all Ogledow fighters, cu soon!

PS.
Rubbish english is rubbish, sorry for this.

Upvote 0
Hi had over an hour on the new map, what a difference the large map area brings to RO2 i realy enjoyed it 54 or 64 players will be fantastic and also with the new vehicles soon to arrive will make the map even better. Great job Six_Ten looking forward to playing on this map more.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
I played today too. And I left the game because the axis did keep on parking there tank at the right side of allies spawn (left side for axis point of view). And they pointed there MG bot into allies spawn. There 2nd tank was on the main road into Ogledow killing all that tried to move around the 1st tank. Sorry, but that MG gun really can spoil a good game.
Be sure and bring this up with SixTen.

Upvote 0
did you happen to catch the two tankers names that were using this exploit?

Upvote 0
I don't think it's something that he can do anything about. It's because of that annoying MG bot on the tanks. Let's just hope it will be gone soon as soon as the 1st mutators come out. I've tried to do it myself, but still can't compile :(
what's to stop these guys from just using the mg on the russian themselves? there has to be some way to block them from firing into russian spawn or they'll just keep doing it.

Upvote 0