• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is RO2 a little bit quiet to you?

Schnitzel15

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2011
Lithuania
When I play the game the sounds seem too quiet for me. Footsteps, screams, ambient sounds are so quiet that they make me want to increase my volume, even though it is at max. Anyone else experiences this issue? And is it possible to make those sounds louder?

Maybe it's the temptation of a battle that just makes me want to hear stuff better and louder.

Or maybe it's just me playing ARMA 2 for some time. The footsteps are very loud in that game, but so is in real life when running with boots.

I sound silly for myself asking such questions, cause I can't really explain what I want. :/

I should sleep more.....

When I play the game the sounds seem too quiet for me. Footsteps, screams, ambient sounds are so quiet that they make me want to increase my volume, even though it is at max. Anyone else experiences this issue? And is it possible to make those sounds louder?

Maybe it's the temptation of a battle that just makes me want to hear stuff better and louder.

Or maybe it's just me playing ARMA 2 for some time. The footsteps are very loud in that game, but so is in real life when running with boots.

I sound silly for myself asking such questions, cause I can't really explain what I want. :/

I should sleep more.....

Schnitzel,
Do you want to have tinnitus and hyperacusis for your whole life????

Google on it, you never want to have that loud real sound.

Btw, the last 3 years i had hyperacusis and it is a hell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It sounds good on both of our systems - each with on board sound.

The moans are back full force since the dropout of them in Sept -
and except for localization of footsteps by the enemy inside buildings -
on Apartments for example - sounds are working out very well

Yes, there are a few players that do not experience the sound bugs. Doesn't make them less real for the rest of us unfortunately.

Upvote 0
It sounds good on both of our systems - each with on board sound.

The moans are back full force since the dropout of them in Sept -
and except for localization of footsteps by the enemy inside buildings -
on Apartments for example - sounds are working out very well
bet you didn't feel that way, last time i ran up to you and gutted you with the bayo.;)

Upvote 0
You can increase the volume on the ROEngine.ini file IIRC. It'll appear as 1.000 on max, so just set it to whatever you want. I set it at 2.8000 I think, which means the game is 2.8x louder for me and makes it a lot better :D
that makes the whole game louder? or just the footsteps? cause we only really need the footsteps to be louder.

Upvote 0