• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is RO2 a little bit quiet to you?

I really like the sounds, although I'm sure some of them could be improved by volume balancing etc. I think I have a good experience with the sound in general, given that many people seem to be missing things.

1) I can hear footsteps OK usually, both inside and outside. Much clearer inside though, on wooden floors especially.
2) I get the long, drawn-out death moans - but I don't think that was always the case. I'm not sure when they came back for me really.
3) Distant gunfire is nothing short of amazing, especially when there's a lot of it. Gorgeous echoes, pitch changes, tone changes. Distant tank fire sounds like it's coming straight from hell :) It seems the gunfire defies physics too, which is great for gameplay - there seems to be no delay from a gun fired @ 200m+, to the target hearing it. Unrealistic yes, but absolutely perfect for a game environment IMO.

I hope this experience can be improved for those who aren't getting the full deal - but since RO2 uses "software audio", I fear any improvement for those who get currently sub-standard sound, will mean a drop in general CPU performance. It could be an unwanted compromise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0