• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rough outline for -REALISM MODE-

100% agreed.

-Also have the ppsh have the selective fire capability right off the bat.

-Weapon collision: i was hoping the collision systems would have made it so that the longer rifles would have been cumbersome to maneuver in tight hallways.

Why the devs did not implement this, and avoid this whole s***storm in the first place, is honestly beyond me.

Upvote 0
weapon collision is difficult though for a few reasons.

A: We currently have no option to remove the 18" something long bayonet on the nugget, that makes it a hell of a lot more cumbersome indoors.

B: We have no options for handling the rifle in other ways that make it easier to use a long rifle indoors.

Before TWI will work at the weapon collision (if they do it), I

Upvote 0
Body collision would be good if there's a 'push your mate' ability. That way people can't grief by blocking up windows or doors as you can slowly nudge them out of the way.

That would be pretty easy to abuse as well, unless it was automatic. For example, after five or so seconds of angrily sprinting into a guy. But that could be exploited too..

Upvote 0
As opposed to having them either stand inside you until you TK and get kicked from the server...

... or having them stand in a doorway so you can't even get out of spawn?

You can't prevent griefing. All you can do is try to find a way to make the game as much fun as possible when there are no griefers, and rely on good admins to boot the dickheads when they make themselves known.

Upvote 0
MG recoil is fine. Use burst fire, you're not meant to shoot LIGHT machine guns full-auto anyway.

This coming from someone who has seen actual light machine guns being fired.

Also, if bayonet has no effect on anything (like in OST and RO2 atm) just keep it on by default. If you make it have an effect on sway or ballistics, then it needs to be removable.

Body collisions should be kept as they are, or make it like in TF2, so you can slip past griefers. Don't really see any reason to change it, it won't make any difference to anyone except griefers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
MG recoil is fine. Use burst fire, you're not meant to shoot LIGHT machine guns full-auto anyway.

This coming from someone who has seen actual light machine guns being fired.

Also, if bayonet has no effect on anything (like in OST and RO2 atm) just keep it on by default. If you make it have an effect on sway or ballistics, then it needs to be removable.

Body collisions should be kept as they are, or make it like in TF2, so you can slip past griefers. Don't really see any reason to change it, it won't make any difference to anyone except griefers.

I've been inside a submarine, doesn't make me an expert on submarines.

The bajonet effected sway in ROOST.

Also body collisions have many faults and need to be fixed.

Upvote 0
Tell me what's worse: an idiot blocking a door on purpose or an idiot that "enters your body" while you are firing, making you TK him?

Few were the times people blocked doors on purpose in ROOST in my experience, but in RO2 all the time there are teammates that try to share a window with me and get in my line of fire, often getting themselves TK'd because of it, and that's a much bigger problem IMHO. Watching your whole team moving around like ghosts going through each others' bodies is also extremely immersion breaking.

Upvote 0
Tell me what's worse: an idiot blocking a door on purpose or an idiot that "enters your body" while you are firing, making you TK him?

Few were the times people blocked doors on purpose in ROOST in my experience, but in RO2 all the time there are teammates that try to share a window with me and get in my line of fire, often getting themselves TK'd because of it, and that's a much bigger problem IMHO. Watching your whole team moving around like ghosts going through each others' bodies is also extremely immersion breaking.

I agree. Still a lot of spawn areas would have to be looked at that only have 1-2 exits single file exits.

It's especially frustrating on the smaller maps as people sprint blindly forward and around corners. More importantly we need to be able to make people towers again.

Upvote 0
There should also be an influence on the terrain on movement speed. Running over snow or debris is really difficult.

Sounds good but you need to bake the cake before you can add the icing. That said I really wondering what TWs RO2 team is really working on. Having a new code lead means making changes to existing features is kind of hopeless.

Upvote 0