• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

December 14th "What We Are Up To"

December 14th "What We Are Up To"

• Realism Mode: No unlocks/upgrades

Votes: 116 10.8%
  • Realism Mode: More changes to game play in this mode (sway/speed/fatigue, ie: More realistic)

Votes: 511 47.6%
  • UI: Improved Commander system (removing arty targets from map, more )

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • UI: Improved notifications (pop up vote system, visual/audio feedback of votes, more)

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • General: Enhanced Game play (work on spawn systems/protection/game modes)

Votes: 95 8.8%
  • Missed launch functionality: Coop

Votes: 35 3.3%
  • Missed launch functionality: Online Campaign

Votes: 52 4.8%
  • Missed launch functionality: Additional Clan/Server/Client Functionality

Votes: 27 2.5%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Bleeding, bandaging

Votes: 33 3.1%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Limb Deactivation on Damage

Votes: 50 4.7%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Improved squad system (interface, functionality)

Votes: 83 7.7%
  • Tanks: Reduced max tank limit (Improved tank stability/functionality and additional map content)

Votes: 55 5.1%

• Total voters
New Maps: we are working on 4 to 5 of them, prototyping at the moment, not all of them will make the cut. New Weapons: several in production, including one of the most widely requested we've seen.

I'd rather you guys put your effort to working on the game itself. We don't need new maps from you, we need the game fixed. We will take care of new maps for now.

Please just get the SDK fixed now so we can test over the holidays.

Reactions: eliterizzo
Upvote 0
I don't wanna sound greedy - but I want to see the realisation of all of the options in this poll...

Yes but I was thinking: They can add lost features, improve performance, basically make the game run perfect on any pc, it won't matter because for me the gameplay isn't interesting. As long as there aren't any gameplay changes (don't have to be more realistic as previously stated, just more like RO1) I won't play the game.

Reactions: Poerisija
Upvote 0
Yes but I was thinking: They can add lost features, improve performance, basically make the game run perfect on any pc, it won't matter because for me the gameplay isn't interesting. As long as there aren't any gameplay changes (don't have to be more realistic as previously stated, just more like RO1) I won't play the game.

This, I never had big issues with performance in game however I don't play HoS much because of gameplay. Gameplay was great in RO:O and Darkest Hour.

@Yoshiro because obvious option is leading "more realism", all what you need to do is: take a look on RO:O and Darkest Hour, then on HoS, see what you have done wrong and fix gameplay. RO2 should be RO:O with improved gameplay and new features (mantling, fov fix, bullet penetrations, better game engine, animations), NOT mixture of CoD.
I suggest to leave relaxed realism as it is now, but change normal mode. Those 5-10% of total players who play relaxed will appreciate it, so we do, RO vets with proper RO/DH-like normal mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyper
Upvote 0
I went for improved squad system :) The realism stuff is definitely needed, but I already knew that would get a crazy number of votes - so there was little point adding 1 more, in my opinion. I do want those improvements, but I'd also like to see a nice balanced approach that doesn't always prioritise realism improvements. We have a mixed community for this game, and we should look to keep it if that's at all possible :) And yes, I'm an "RO Vet(tm)"...

Also, can we please stop with these claims of "should have been in at release"? They really achieve nothing. The features weren't in at release, and release has now passed us by - so please quit complaining about this, and focus on getting the important missing features in AT SOME POINT. Because, you know - time flows forwards only, unless you're a theoretical physicist. And even if you are - it isn't going to help TWI or RO2 :) Let's stop crucifying them - you've paid your money, you have your product. Now let's concentrate on moulding it into the perfect RO2 - we all know it has the potential.

Please before you take off help me get Ogledow at least ready so we can test online over the holidays.

Hell yes :) If TWI could offer any kind of help or advice here, it would be pretty awesome. I want to play on that in MP, and I'd like to see Six_Ten's excellent work rewarded :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tea and Crumpets
Upvote 0
At first I thought bandaging but the I voted for gameplay improvements the problem is there can only be one vote.

I think the protected area thing is strange and it should be at least drawn into the map.
Then there should be longer bandaging and damage to a limb leading to that limb not functioning perfectly anymore.
These are 3 voting options in the poll.

Networking: Latency compensation

The game's biggest flaw is in the effectively random aimpoints required to hit people. It's the source of all the "hit reg" complaints, and it's the core functionality driving the online gameplay. Other changes are crippled while the foundation is so shaky.
And I dont see how some idiots can give k- for that of course its very important that this feels like shooting at people and not like using a bow and arrow or a slingshot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the poll. Be cautious when you interpret this poll, because many new RO2 players are probably not on this forum yet, opposedly to the RO vets who seem to be here in a high proportion.

Not really, i know RO1- veterans who not even play this game or who do not join the forum-discussion cause they recognized it is a waste of time.

TWI do not listen/care and in case they listen it does not mean they are sucessful/fast in working on it (look the slow progress of RO2).

Upvote 0
I wonder if it will matter actually, even if they made the game like we all want it to be the game itself has a negative vibe to it. There are multiple reasons why I don't play RO2, the negative feedback is one of them. When I see the RO2 icon I don't think about the good points of the game, only the negative feedback, the questionable features, the early release, etc come to mind.

It's like going to your work and all your collegues are complaining about the company and the boss, you won't like to work there, even if they stopped complaining it would leave a bad taste in your mouth to work there.

But don't get me wrong, I would like to play the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with Draper. The whole poll thing is a sham.
Me as well. I don't understand the poll. Its a pseudo poll designed to split the votes. Every option mentioned in the poll should be put in game. I voted for Tanks: Reduced max tank limit (Improved tank stability/functionality and additional map content) as I am a tank guy. I hope this option means correcting the incorrect interiors (especially PIV), correcting things like the PTRS/784(r) frontal penetration on both tanks, an improving of the armor code, keyboard turret control instead of mouse, bailing out, functioning/closeable vision slits (especially PIV), hull mounted smoke generators, functioning tank lighting for future night maps I might make (interior lighting, exterior lights, optic illumination) and removal of tank MG AI.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I agree and so does the majority of the people who are left it seems with 48% voting for a more serious realism mode.

I regard the poll more as a priority, not a picking list as I consider all of the poll items to be important and missing to RO2.

Upvote 0
Me as well. I don't understand the poll. Its a pseudo poll designed to split the votes. Every option mentioned in the poll should be put in game.

The way I look at it it is a means of setting priorities. I expect that most if not all of the things listed will make it in, but there are a finite number of man-hours. This poll seems to me a good way to determine what to do first. After the gamplay is fixed (as it is leading by a mile) then they can post another poll and set the next waypoint.

Upvote 0
The office over there isnt multi threaded to that extent guys, im guessing they want to know which of those options you want FIRST.

As it is now, wow does one particular one nearly have a 50% majority...

Has anyone guaranteed you those other things will be worked on as well? Also at what speed? Hooray, we might see feature xy in 7 month.

Edit: Seriously, twi advertised the game with certain features. They disappointed a lot of guys because they didn't fullfill the adverticed features with release and now they come and ask "guys, is that still important to you?".

Last edited:
Upvote 0