• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Twisted Christmas 2 Starts Here!

Perhaps I sound ungratefully. That is not the case I was crazy excited to see the news about the update. The added content greatly exceeded my expectations. The even listened to community input (something I really love about TWI) and made a player wielded Husk cannon!

It just kind of deflated my excitement when I read that weapon drops are no longer germinate (I made good use of this feature in the past). If anything I would have liked to see the game go the other way and make all gear drop & stay when a player dies. That and a way to directly give magazines to teammates with out handing over a whole gun (sorry rambling now).

Upvote 0
Loving the update, not sure how I feel on the weapon disappearance change but there are two things I'm worried about, first being that I am unable to get the "We Have Ourselves a Cowboy" achievement, I have had the required guns on two separate occasions on different maps and the achievement did not unlock.

Also, this may be owing to the fact that I have not reached level 6 firebug yet (last perk to level), but at my current level 4 the Husk Cannon seems vastly underpowered. It seems like I am paying a huge amount of money for a weapon that doesn't do a particularly large amount of damage and is somewhat useless if not charged.

If you're using one of the Steampunk 2 pack characters that may be why. I tried it 5 times using Steampunk Scully and didn't get it, but when I switched back to good old Agent Wilkes it unlocked right away. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
If you're using one of the Steampunk 2 pack characters that may be why. I tried it 5 times using Steampunk Scully and didn't get it, but when I switched back to good old Agent Wilkes it unlocked right away. Hope that helps.

I actually was using one of them, Steampunk Support, so I tried switching back to my usual FoundryWorker Aldridge, no go. I tried Agent Wilkes as well seeing as he worked for you, still no go.

Upvote 0
@Kakarot

The bullets fired from the M4 203 level the commando, but the 40mm grenades level the demo. Win Win. Also, they have never taken away our new toys in the past, so I think it is safe to assume that the weapons and map are here to stay. The Xmas zeds are just for the event though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
F.Y.I.

Braindead was kind enough to make a Weapons Stay Mutator that addresses change in the new update that causes dropped weapons to disappear. It is not whitelisted yet, but the request has been made.

*note* The change to dropped weapons was done to save memory so I would assume that this mutator would not be a good idea if your system is short on memory.

Code:
mutator=KFWeapStayMut.WeaponStayMut

File DL:
[url]http://www.gamefront.com/files/21068214/KFweaponStayMutator.rar[/URL]

Weapons Stay Mutator thread:
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=982859#post982859[/URL]

Upvote 0
I actually was using one of them, Steampunk Support, so I tried switching back to my usual FoundryWorker Aldridge, no go. I tried Agent Wilkes as well seeing as he worked for you, still no go.

I ran into this problem as well, the achievement unlocked for me when I changed from one perk to the Sharpshooter perk, hope this helps.

Upvote 0
that's what i been hearing but i have had the gun and played with it for about 3 rounds. and i haven't seen the damage on my commando go up and i know i have killed stalkers with it also.
idk if its a glitch or what but its kinda pissey.
It don't level the Commando at all. It's designed for the demolition expert and only that perk.

Upvote 0
@Flux
Well in that case the wiki lies (not for the first time).

Also, that is silly the M4 is clearly an assault rifle and should work the way the wiki describes. Bullets perking for Commando, while 40mm grenades perk for demo. Did not check, but did anybody notice if the M4 203 gets an extended mag when playing as commando? According to the wiki the M4 203 gets the commando's mag extension, but not the commando's increased total number of mags.

Upvote 0
@Flux

Also, that is silly the M4 is clearly an assault rifle and should work the way the wiki describes. Bullets perking for Commando, while 40mm grenades perk for demo. Did not check, but did anybody notice if the M4 203 gets an extended mag when playing as commando? According to the wiki the M4 203 gets the commando's mag extension, but not the commando's increased total number of mags.

The wiki is how many years out of date now?

Upvote 0
@Flux

Like aboev said, Wiki is old and I bet that was a guess someone put up before the release.

I can tell you that the M4 203 has NO bonuses working on the Commando as I have created my own perks etc so I know what to look for and it isn't there. People take the two M4's as the same weapon, they're not and have different damage types, different files, the lot.

Upvote 0
I have noticed a HUGE lag soike at the beginning of every round. I know this is because of the massive destroying it does all at once aswell as starting the round and spawning the first wave. Would it not be more benficial to the ram to attach a timer to every spawned and dropped weapon that destroys it after so much timeit has been on the ground so that there isnt so much happening at once at the start of a wave.

I am not complaining about the change just suggesting a way to somewhat curve the lag spike.

Last edited:
Upvote 0