• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unboxing by clueless kid. New to title opinion.

Krobar

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
The sewers of Leningrad.
Red Orchestra 2: Heroes Of Stalingrad Unboxing/Review? - YouTube

Somewhat pointless post just for hahas somewhat. This kid is obviously young and never encountered anything RO related. Tripwire did succeed in attracting a new community but keeping one? Different story for a different post.

I'm just wondering what his reaction was, he said he was going to follow up with ingame videos but never did. He seemed pretty clueless and bought it at face value with only a few recommendations. Anyone want to take a stab to how he reacted? And if this is you (personaly I highly doubt the maker of the video knows of the formus) speak up.

I guess you can say all I really want to know were people's first time experience with the title.

I say old chap no mo' comments about me grubby fingernails, I likes 'em dat I way do! After I spent me a good month admiring the really marvy pics of Germans and Russians and the cool black outlines around the German guy, I ranked up in 2 weeks runnin' an' gunnin' you lot wit me 'andy-dandy MG34 (it's kinda like a machine gun I guess, it is) an' got meself bored killin' you lot so easy, so's me went back to COD, I did!

:rolleyes:

OMG, Oliver Twist is playing and noob pwning us all!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have an American M1 helmet and my 28 year old sister accused me of owning a "nazi helmet".

1319396458001.jpg

Upvote 0
I'll throw in my first experience, never played Red at all. The game was supposed to tie me over till BF3 came out, fell in love, not buying BF3 now.

My first game was awesome. Immediately I was in a cat/mouse game with one enemy that lasted a minute or so. I was so enthralled with killing him, I was oblivious to the fact there was a game going on. Several rounds exchanged, I finally took him down. That was the most satisfying kill I ever had, and I knew this game was different.

Next thing I know, it's 2 a.m. and I don't want to quit. I have to get these maps down, master my bolty, and figure out how to win this baby.

Now it's my shooter. If I could find a cool group to play with every night, it could be the best MP game I ever played. Much love for RO2, I am so glad I tried it out.

Upvote 0
At least he knows the difference between Russian and German soldiers.

I have an American M1 helmet and my 28 year old sister accused me of owning a "nazi helmet".

There is a reason the Army adopted this shape when developing the new Kevlar helmets -- it WORKS. The Germans actually copied the basic design from medieval open faced knightly helmet (the "Sallet") worn during the 15th-16th Centuries. Our previous helmet design was better than the old British "Tommy," but didn't deflect shrapnel or blows outward very well, leaving you vulnerable in the neck/shoulders/etc.

Upvote 0
So each one of you had a deep voice since they were born right? Give him a break, I started playing RO1 when I was 13 and my voice was similar(maybe a bit deeper but still) to his. I was killed by everyone on beggining but after days of training I started killing all those 30 year old elitist veterans.
Give him a break.
One noob in a professional society of RO2 will change the noob into a professional.
One noob in a noobish CoD will not change.

Reactions: iTzDusty
Upvote 0