• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"What we are up to" - Nov 15th

I would rather have you guys (TWI staff) release content but it's cool. Though I havent logged on RO2 in a couple of days because I am playing other stuff I am glad that you guys are working on this game as usual. I am also glad 250+ hours I put into the game :)

I think RO2 is in a difficult position right now.

The players are not many and are reducing depending on what graphs/stats you look at..... performance issues certainly need to be fixed so people can enjoy a stable game, but at the same time, other players are getting bored with playing the same maps with the same content since the Beta.

There's obviously not enough people at Tripwire to focus on everything all at once, but leaving either the performance tweaks or the content aside for a while isn't a good thing.

There seems to be more work involved with making sure new maps will work fine, and as mentioned, more work needs to be done with the clan/co-op modes...... I still think if one added the HT and other transports into 1-2 of the current maps (Com's House, Fallen Fighters, Pav's House) that would keep players interested for a while, while giving enough time for the devs to focus back on performance issues.

If you focus too much on performance, some players are going to get bored and take a break...... if you focus too much on content, then those still having issues won't play...... so there needs to be some sort of balance to please both groups.

I'll never say anything bad about performance patches, they're always welcome in my books..... but if new content doesn't start to make its way into the game soon, people are going to stop playing because they're bored.

To be honest, I've slowed down my game playing recently because I've played the same maps with the same weapons with only two tanks since the beta release..... it's feeling a bit redundant now.

An HT or something to add to the playing would certainly pull me back in, but keep working on the performance stuff.... I'll always come back to play, regardless.

Reactions: TT33 and Sensemann
Upvote 0
well...been playing again after one week "rest" and it really sucks..i mean, it really makes me somewhat emotional about what "might have been", and i simply don't have that life anymore where i can get in a bad mood due to a game (kids, work etc).

uninstalled the game, i KNOW i won't be missed (you already got my pre-order dosh didn't ya?), thanks twi for effing me in the a..

skyrim, here we go.

Upvote 0
well...been playing again after one week "rest" and it really sucks..i mean, it really makes me somewhat emotional about what "might have been", and i simply don't have that life anymore where i can get in a bad mood due to a game (kids, work etc).

uninstalled the game, i KNOW i won't be missed (you already got my pre-order dosh didn't ya?), thanks twi for effing me in the a..

skyrim, here we go.

caveat emptor

Will serve you well as you go through life....

Last edited:
Reactions: CrossTrain
Upvote 0
I can see how a modern game takes a crew of 200 to create--if it took TWI about 6 years to get the game to this point, how long might it take a team of that same size to do a big overhaul of the engine (to DX 11 and OpenAL) and add a bunch of new content (maps, vehicles, and models) and release a fully featured SDK that allows a rich modding environment?

It's not going to happen in the next 2 months, and probably not even in 2 years. But hopefully a lot of great stuff can happen relatively quickly.

Upvote 0
As I've seen several people asking about new content. We have several items in production. This includes previously mentioned things, as well as some new maps. We aren't saying much about them at this stage yet, as some may or may not see the light of day in their current forms or at all after extensive testing and play testing to determine how they work out.

They are being designed with community feedback and requests in mind however.

This just made my day :)

Upvote 0

skyrim, here we go.

Skyrim... wow that was a bit of a change of genre.
I hear so far:
a) Not being able to fight from horse back but being able to use one to travel from.
b) Having monsters instead of co-operating, running around individually like dumb animals. They really should move on to more complex environments that involve large organised races setting ambushes and marching en mass.
c) Single player only
d) Graphically and gameplay wise it brings little new. I hear that characters will not look at you and strange things like people being killed and sliding all the way down large hills happen
e) Everybody is lapping it up. Most of my friends are clocking up many hours on it. So it must be good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cpt-Praxius
Upvote 0
the player numbers seemed pretty much the same as few days ago, couple of full servers in my fav list as always. there's lots of people checking out skyrim atm, me included. as soon as i was aware there was an update rolling in i launched ro2 and was pleasantly surprised by higher fps. the game is not dead, it just has a lot of competition atm. a bit more polishing and rohos shall prevail!

Upvote 0
Skyrim... wow that was a bit of a change of genre.
I hear so far:
a) Not being able to fight from horse back but being able to use one to travel from.
b) Having monsters instead of co-operating, running around individually like dumb animals.
c) Single player only
d) Graphically and gameplay wise it brings little new. I hear that characters will not look at you and strange things like people sliding down hills happen
e) Everybody is lapping it up. Most of my friends are clocking up many hours on it. So it must be good.

i tested it tonight, it performs well, but the line of sight is pretty low compared to new vegas, it fades into 2d-ish looking backgrounds after 200m. the controls are a crappy console port, takes some time getting used to it. the gameplay is mostly like oblivion as far as i can tell atm. so no big news there. the textures vary from pretty nice to damn blurry, lighting is very nicely done. it's quite fun and immersive, but it won't suck me in like oblivion and fallout3 did in their day.

Upvote 0