• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is this game already dead?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game looks utterly dead to me. This is all I see when I refresh servers in and out of game:

BJE1V.jpg

That's ****ing great! Pre-ordered this game and everything and now I can't even play it. :mad: Even with all the bugs and low FPS at least I could play it but this is ****ing retarded. I'm furious, what a load of bull****.

Feel exactly the same way ... nothing works anymore. Can

Upvote 0
This game will never be a blockbuster. When people call it dead, I wonder what exactly were their expectations? You're free to think I'm lying, hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but I knew before release RO2 would be highly niche and struggle to have a community. I'd wager that's the main reason the unlocks and the other "mass appeal" decisions TWI made for the game rose so many eyebrows in the first place. I like RO2 for what it is, but personally, even back then I felt it would both fail to "attract a new audience" and please old fans, and I'd say my prediction was mostly correct.

---

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This game will never be a blockbuster. When people call it dead, I wonder what exactly were their expectations? You're free to think I'm lying, hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but I knew before release RO2 would be highly niche and struggle to have a community. I'd wager that's the main reason the unlocks and the other "mass appeal" decisions TWI made for the game rose so many eyebrows in the first place. I like RO2 for what it is, but personally, even back then I felt it would both fail to "attract a new audience" and please old fans, and I'd say my prediction was mostly correct.

I'm with you on this. They tried to please some half-way players, and disappointed both hardcore gamers (because the lack of full realism) and casual gamers (cause let's face it, if one wants to go casual and arcade I go CoD or BF). Compromises in this case are really bad and they sort of killed the game. They killed it until some fix comes out, where the game could have already been on it's good way. Niche products should never try to please the big audience, they will always fail at it, they should please their little fanbase with new innovations and features, but still by keeping what made the old game so appreciated on their priority list.

Reactions: Sojuz
Upvote 0
Im not sure its on its way out, but its defiantly down to a a couple of thousand max and mostly in europe.

What really gets my goat though is this should have been expected.. Only the supporters of what made the original excellent would stay with it and be happy - if it did what it was supposed to do.
It could never in a million years compete with BF or COD. So why the feck did TWI choose to go that way (in fact worse than that they made a half and half child and released it with a messed up launch just to try and grab some market before BF3 arrived) .
They then had the cheek as people complained about how this was what most players wanted ; Do you mean all those players who have now gone or just a few hundred of the two thousand left.

Only players left pretty much want something else and quickly would be my guess..

I think all will be solved as long as we either see more maps quickly and some fixes. That should give it a chance to keep going until some nice mods appear. What slightly worries me is would anyone commit a team to keep supporting something that has such low use (especially in the US).. I hope so.

Reactions: >F|R< Sarcinelli
Upvote 0
Depending on your ping/latency, how many servers respond to the hit, how many people are refreshing, servers changing maps that are populated, etc.... hit your refresh numerous times and you will see servers come and go and come back. It is what we have been discussing in this thread and not all servers showing at any one moment.

Upvote 0
I know what it means, but it doesn't apply to this game.

We used to get the same thing thing with RO1 every week. " OMG it's dead/dying ". On and on, and over again.

Guess what, people are still playing it today :rolleyes:

Why ask then?

And I played some roost this morning, less then 100 people playing = dead game to me.

I understand that you are happy with having a tiny community, but that does not mean a game is alive, and also means new players won't stick around cos they will get owned non-stop until they rq the game forever.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.