• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I do not think there is poor hit detection.

If it's true that TWI's bullet simulation only comes into effect when bullets are 20m from the shooter and that under that range they use hitscan methods [snip]

Interesting... is there any confirmation of this? I guess it does make sense, since a bullet would cover that distance in such a short time, it may as well be classed as "instant" without doing any damage to calculations.

Upvote 0
All these game have issues, if not with the inherent hit detection, then with server lag and **** (except the single player ones like Deus Ex).

I really wish these dumb *** kids would just ACCEPT and PAY FOR a shooter if had perfect hit detection, very little lag, no bugs, no server issues, custom options, modding, and tons of content. BUT NO - these dumbass iGeneration ****tards NEED to sacrifice all of this fun stuff so we can have ****ing bloom effect

Someone needs a nap.....

Upvote 0
All these game have issues, if not with the inherent hit detection, then with server lag and **** (except the single player ones like Deus Ex).

I really wish these dumb *** kids would just ACCEPT and PAY FOR a shooter if had perfect hit detection, very little lag, no bugs, no server issues, custom options, modding, and tons of content. BUT NO - these dumbass iGeneration ****tards NEED to sacrifice all of this fun stuff so we can have ****ing bloom effect

A-****ing-men.

Some of the best games I've played in the last 2-3 years have had some of the worst graphics of a current-gen title. I've squeezed more hours out of games like Minecraft, Mount and Blade, Super Meat Boy, or Painkiller (all of which have graphics that could have been done 5-10 years ago) than just about any current-gen, high-poly, brown-and-bloom game.

I really wish devs would stop trying to tart their games up and focus on giving them an interesting personality and some engaging mechanics.

In other words, screw you people that claim your eyes bleed if a game has jaggies or that the bullet decals aren't varied enough. If developers would stop worrying about pointless **** like that and focus on giving us something worth playing, we'd all be a lot better off.

Reactions: GRIZZLY
Upvote 0
Tripwire. Gamers want the best hit detection and (performance)optimization possible, thats what were all interested in - a competitive, and RELIABLE shooter.

Take Counter-strike for an example, they have good hit detection and the game is VERY well optimized (very smooth and high FPS game play)

There are currently 80,000 people playing Counter-strike.. that speaks for itself. (i hope)

Good luck TWI

-plex

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Chances are if you play in the populated realism servers you've come across me ranting and raving using the chat-box. I'm not usually one to rage in video games :)o), however as with a lot of people here I was really looking forward to RO2 but have been unable to enjoy it as much as I'd like due to the amount of bugs I've encountered.

The hit-detection is awful; at 'least, from my experience. I'm quite fed up of emptying entire clips point-blank into an enemies chest or face, only for them to kill me in 1-2 bullets. I'm fed up of engaging and hitting a mobile machine gunner from medium range, only for them to be able to close-up on me for a spray-n-pray which results in my death. I could list a bunch of examples from the last game I just played, but to be perfectly honest they could be summed up with "I emptied PPSH clip into a guy's back from point-blank range whilst aiming down sights and burst-firing; they managed to turn around and kill me. The thing that makes it worse is that I can't have an intelligent discussion with any of the players because all they do is reply with "Aim better", "Learn to play" or "Go back to COD".

People here are complaining about design decisions, tanks etc. The only issues I'm having is with the hit detection. If it weren't for that, I would have about 100+ hours on this game; so far I have 25, and to be honest I don't think I'll be playing the game again until I see a patch released that specifically says "Improvements made to hit detection".

You are describing precisely what frustrates the living hedoubletoothpicks out of me several times a game -- especially when it some guy running around with an lmg or a pistol that does you in after you've pumped a ton of lead into his chest before he even raised his weapon!

Upvote 0
FWIW to everyone who's claiming "COD" (which I'd say now pertains to MW2 & Blops) has bad hit detection, IME that is patently false. What it DOES have is crappy lag kills/deaths secondary relative ping latency resulting from their cheap assed refusal to provide for dedicated servers. And those are really easy to confirm after watching film of it from both perspectives, as each player sees something different at the time one is killed, and often you're "hit" after you've turned a corner and gotten behind cover.

The problem with RO2 is simply hit detectiion.

Upvote 0
I find I have this issue all the time. I'll round a corner and an enemy will fill my sights. My gun will fire at a distance I can't possibly have missed at, looking down the iron sights, and I'm the one who dies.

I've thought it had something to do with the outrageously high latencies in this game though.

In most games pings over ~80 would be considered unplayable. IN this game, that's the lowest I've ever seen, often going up close to 200.

In other games with similar traceroutes, I wind up with pings anywhere from 18 - 25ms. Why on earth are they so high in this game?

Upvote 0
Tripwire. Gamers want the best hit detection and (performance)optimization possible, thats what were all interested in - a competitive, and RELIABLE shooter.

Take Counter-strike for an example, they have good hit detection and the game is VERY well optimized (very smooth and high FPS game play)

There are currently 80,000 people playing Counter-strike.. that speaks for itself. (i hope)

Good luck TWI

-plex

It was said above, but CS:S, TF2, HL2:DM, L4D etc. are bad examples. They run on Source, which is not a pretty engine, but an extremely reliable, well-optimized one with great netcode. Very few engines are as well-built as Source.

Upvote 0