• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hacks? Lulwut?

I know of one situation where I think everybody on the server, including myself, were sure there was an aimboter on the map.

As soon as I rounded the corner and had the guy sighted for a kill, I was headshotted before he even turned around to face me. A few other people were complaining through chat that they were getting killed way too easy by this same guy.

It could have been skill, and I first thought maybe I was having a bad day, but then it kept happening & people were getting shot before they even had a chance to do anything, even when they had the upper hand on him.

Eventually our team ran out of reinforcements and we were all stitting around in spawn waiting for the round to end and someone commented on their score, so I took a look.

He had over twice the amount of kills than anybody else on his team or my team.... I've seen people with a good sized lead above other players and topping the ranks, but not to the extent this guy did..... his score was much higher than anybody else's score to such an extent I've never seen in any of the previous RO games.

I don't see cheaters often and the times I do suspect there's a cheater it's still very questionable and could be just someone who knows what they're doing..... but this specific time it was completely obvious they were cheating.

Most times I hear someone complaining about a cheater or a hacker, it's unfounded and someone is just being butthurt.

Man oh man, yesterday i was playing appartments. I had a real bad team and the opponents weren`t experienced neighter. If you had seen mine
score then you would say that i am a cheater. I tell you i don`t know to cheat and i will never do.

Some later i had it in a Gumlek map, same situation. I had 3x more score than all other players. And i tell you, the most of them played very bad and the most of them went offline when i have destroyed them. Almost every shot that i did destroyed a panzer. My girlfriend sat besides me and was also asthonist how i am playing. We were both laughing.

I will make a fraps movie, let you see my strategy / tactic and to let you see at which part of a tank i shoot.
with my T34

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am yet to see a cheater on any Australian server, there are definitely cheaters as Steve from Queensland has been caught by PB twice and VAC at least once in RO2. I spectate anyone that gets accused of cheating, which is very uncommon or anyone that has a particularly high score or makes me suspicious in anyway. So far nothing after probably fifty or so players spectated.

Upvote 0
Man oh man, yesterday i was playing appartments. I had a real bad team and the opponents weren`t experienced neighter. If you had seen mine
score then you would say that i am a cheater. I tell you i don`t know to cheat and i will never do.

Some later i had it in a Gumlek map, same situation. I had 3x more score than all other players. And i tell you, the most of them played very bad and the most of them went offline when i have destroyed them. Almost every shot that i did destroyed a panzer. My girlfriend sat besides me and was also asthonist how i am playing. We were both laughing.

I will make a fraps movie, let you see my strategy / tactic and to let you see at which part of a tank i shoot.
with my T34
Please tell me that you're just a very dedicated troll on a long, elaborated and well-prepared mission to induce laughter on the Interwebz.

Upvote 0
Ok, how many can pretty much confirm seeing hackers/cheaters in RO2? (...)

I saw yesterday a speedhacker, easy to spot.

Every single game is full of cheaters, however TWI and evenbalance do everything to keep tracking cheat software to update PB and VAC. Currently PB is missing some main features like cvars checking and screenshot functionality but give them time.

Upvote 0
I saw yesterday a speedhacker, easy to spot.

Every single game is full of cheaters, however TWI and evenbalance do everything to keep tracking cheat software to update PB and VAC. Currently PB is missing some main features like cvars checking and screenshot functionality but give them time.

A speedhacker? Are you sure? With TWIs anti-speedhacking auto-kicker I'm not sure how that is possible, unless they were only on for a very short period of time before being kicked. Any distance traveled in-game beyond what is allowed normally within a time frame will get you either a kick or session ban, of course that means laggers are getting banned too regrettably.

What cvars need checking? I think it would be better if TWI could restrict them or at least restrict them to certain value ranges.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know of one situation where I think everybody on the server, including myself, were sure there was an aimboter on the map.

As soon as I rounded the corner and had the guy sighted for a kill, I was headshotted before he even turned around to face me. A few other people were complaining through chat that they were getting killed way too easy by this same guy.

It could have been skill, and I first thought maybe I was having a bad day, but then it kept happening & people were getting shot before they even had a chance to do anything, even when they had the upper hand on him.

Eventually our team ran out of reinforcements and we were all stitting around in spawn waiting for the round to end and someone commented on their score, so I took a look.

He had over twice the amount of kills than anybody else on his team or my team.... I've seen people with a good sized lead above other players and topping the ranks, but not to the extent this guy did..... his score was much higher than anybody else's score to such an extent I've never seen in any of the previous RO games.

I don't see cheaters often and the times I do suspect there's a cheater it's still very questionable and could be just someone who knows what they're doing..... but this specific time it was completely obvious they were cheating.

Most times I hear someone complaining about a cheater or a hacker, it's unfounded and someone is just being butthurt.

I saw a guy in Spartanovka with 90 kills as German when the others had 20-30 max....

The map after was Apartments, and he has 3 kills after the first 10 seconds (as russian) then he was called out by the players and he answered that he was good because he was level 99 and has no swap and all that stat ****.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I saw a guy in Spartanovka with 90 kills as German when the others had 20-30 max....

The map after was Apartments, and he has 3 kills after the first 10 seconds (as russian) then he was called out by the players and he answered that he was good because he was level 99 and has no swap and all that stat ****.

It's called being an officer and knowing how to use artillery.

I hate how I get accused of cheating all the time because I have high score, most of my kills come from artillery.

Reactions: Sensemann
Upvote 0
I just remembered I've been accused of wallhacking on Battlefield: Vietnam a few years ago. Yeah, doesn't make any kind of sense since the game doesn't have bullet penetration.

it's a bigger advantage with penetration but so it still allows you to preempt ppl coming round corners or occupying rooms you wouldn't ordinarily see for example.
If wallhacks are what i understand them to be from you tube, players are glowing visible wherever they are - so even in the case of BFV you would see them behind hills or dense jungle.

Upvote 0
A speedhacker? Are you sure? With TWIs anti-speedhacking auto-kicker I'm not sure how that is possible, unless they were only on for a very short period of time before being kicked. Any distance traveled in-game beyond what is allowed normally within a time frame will get you either a kick or session ban, of course that means laggers are getting banned too regrettably.

What cvars need checking? I think it would be better if TWI could restrict them or at least restrict them to certain value ranges.

Yep, on clanmatch and three other members confirmed it. I'm aware of TWI's speedhack detector but it isn't as good as human - and that's why we need demorecording and screenshot fuctions.

Cvars: AFAIR which settings will be restricted will be decided by TWI, evenbalance and Roladder stuff.

I have hopes to see more ***** on this list

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Funny story: Once a guy on Spartanovka accused another of hacking because he shot him through a wall. It was litterally along the lines of "OMFG HACKER U ShOTZ me THREW teh wall everyone this guy is a nub!!!!!" every couple of seconds. In a totally unrelated set of dialogue he had said that he was 12 yo, a lot of us had a good laugh.

Upvote 0
Usually I put down any hacking fears to either lag or the fact that a lot of people are just a whole lot better than me at this (obviously it's usually lag rather than that) BUT in the last week there have been numerous occassions when I've been stood back form a window surveying the scene and someone runs past in the distance turns and headshots me the second they come into view. Or the time i was behind cover, smoke grenades covering everything, popped my head up to see a shadowy figure through the smoke stop, aim, headshot me in a split second.

Of course there are always reasonable explanations, but it's happening so many times that I have to conclude there are hackers about (certainly compared to Roost). On the plus side, come BF3 they'll all be gone...

Upvote 0
Servers with experienced admins can deal with this fairly well over time. Our clan has a policy of careful evaluation before jumping to conclusions. We know the signs and indications. But we also know there are other factors involved, and take them into consideration. People that use hacks are not gamers to start with. Their psycology is different, and even if not caught red-handed, they begin to leave an unmistakable signature of sorts. At some point their reputation precedes their "global" and they find a lot of locked doors.

Upvote 0
Servers with experienced admins can deal with this fairly well over time. Our clan has a policy of careful evaluation before jumping to conclusions. We know the signs and indications. But we also know there are other factors involved, and take them into consideration. People that use hacks are not gamers to start with. Their psycology is different, and even if not caught red-handed, they begin to leave an unmistakable signature of sorts. At some point their reputation precedes their "global" and they find a lot of locked doors.

Like he said...

We've had a few really good players in our servers and I've had others come to me and say,"he's hacking. Look at his score!" And "Wall hack!" And in all instances so far, after careful observation, there was nothing more to these players except that they played really well. The couple people I've observed that had double, even triple the number of kills than the rest of the team had, just played really well. And as for the folks that scream, "Wall hack! Ban him!", well all the cases I've seen so far were almost all MG players that have discovered that it's not always a bad thing to do by simply spraying the wall between adjacent rooms and hitting folks on the other side. Heck, I've even done that myself - especially when I hear an enemy voice on the other side. And it works sometimes.

Anyway, the real key I think, is to have active admins that don't just to conclusions, but carefully check acusations first.

Upvote 0