• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Class System, w/Weapon Re-distribution.

New Class System, w/Weapon Re-distribution.

• Yes, these changes are good

Votes: 163 65.5%
  • Yes, changes with addendums/modification

Votes: 52 20.9%
  • No, the current class system is ok

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • I have no opinion, why am i voting?

Votes: 12 4.8%

• Total voters
Nice idea.

I would suggest change size riflemen squads to smaller in order to make all squad leaders important. Right now I see that the most of people fill non-bolt weapons, after that the first squad and after that the second squad thus leaving two other squad leaders without any real manpower to command.

It's kind of class system related suggestion, I think.

Well yes people do do that!

Many think (myself included) that Squad selection should be scaled to server size. Squads should almost fill up before a new squad becomes available.

This would prevent people from selecting the Squad leader just to get the SMG.

Upvote 0
Hey mate I'd like to add to this suggestion mode that you should give the ruskies more SMGS and ballance that by giving the germans more MG's.

IE

Russians

Smgs = 3 to 5
MG 1 to 2 max

Germans
Smgs = 2
MG = 3 to 5 max

German tactics were based off a riflemen and a machinegun, the russians pioneered CQB with excessive quantities of SMG's in stalingrad.

In my humble opinion not mirroring the teams would make the game more interesting & force each team to fight the way they were trained too. That being the russians wanted to be so close they could steal your iron cross when you werent looking, and the Germans used the MG as a base of fire for the riflemen to advance.

Upvote 0
My take...

My take...

I believe that when someone logs into a server they should be able to play the class they want to play. I understand the idea of class limits, to a degree I agree with them (32 snipers vs 32 snipers....not fun), but on the whole we need to allow the freedom to play what we want to play.

Stalingrad was primarly a MOUT environment, boltaction rifles do not excel that that environment. Historic or not, authentic or not, if you take a bolt when a semi or automatic is available you are asking to be outgunned.

I like realism, if I pump 2 rounds into a guys chest I dont wanna have to worry about him jumping up, spinning arounds and knifing me in the back. Class limits are not a realism issue, they're an authenticity and a gameplay issue. If you are having fun with your KAR and Im having fun with my MP40, where is the issue? Yeah I hate getting shot in the head by some camping bolter, just as much as that camping bolter hates the fact that when he tries to assault with a single shot rifle he gets dead real fast. It will balance itself out.

So I vote no to class limits except for limiting snipers, for purely gameplay reasons.

Upvote 0
You chaps have made some good points in regards to Russian SMG's and German MG's. I think there-in lies the fundamental balance and tipping point of what should be the differences between the factions. The Russians have the better SMG, with the 71 round drum and the Germns have the MG34 or 42. (MG's of course need some tweaking for this effectivness to be a true benefit, particularly in regards to supression imo.)

That said maps will still be class dependent, you won't have AT men on infantry only maps of course. If someone wants to model a map based on the Tank Descent battalions then the Russian team should all be Assaults.

Upvote 0
I also really like the suggestions in this thread regarding re-focusing the factions' roles in a more historical fashion, ie mg/rifle based tactics for the Germans and close-quarter smg/rifle tactics for the Ruskies. Implementing a system like this would give a richer and more realistic flavour to each team.

Great thread - I hope TW is listening in!

Upvote 0
Small arms was not an issue for both sides a month into the fighting.Incoming German or Russians brought them in and the stack of rifles-smgs-mgs-all as a result of the dead bodies both sides had incured. The Germans and Russians started the battle looking like they had some TO&E-by the end anything was a go-Russian changed its TO&E fairly quikley for units crossing the volga to fight in the city with the priority on the smg because of the fact they attacked at night alot of the time-A cumberson infantry rifle serves very little purpose in this enviroment(urban-nightime-screams-smoke-fires-people I like downstairs- people I dont like upstairs etc) Trying to compile a TO&E for Russian or Germany during the crisis of Stalingrad is best left in the minatures gaming world.

Upvote 0
THe poll is useless. You can either say the OP is right, or the current system is right.

THe correct answer imo is:

AXE THE CLASS SYSTEM, use only the squad tab.

People need to choose a squad , know they are in it, and then learn to use teamwork to make this game better.

The current system allowing you to choose a class and be randomly assigned to a squad is TERRIBLE FOR TEAMWORK.

again, PLZ KILL THE CLASS SELECTION TAB FOREVER.

Upvote 0