• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 SDK Preview Release

Dear TWI,

I believe i speak for the majority of people that like to thank you for at least giving out this pre-release it is at least thoughtful towards the community and ofcoarse it works beneficial for TWI aswell since some of the generated feedback for the tool could be of importance.

However in a marketing and public relations matter posting such a thread and leave it hanging in the wind is not such a smart idea plus will generate negative response and feelings, even if TWI is very busy, being busy has never been an excuse for faillure to communicate or post updates.

The argument that might cross the mind that it will be released to everyone anyways does not really matter since you communicated the give away of these keys and then failed to respond to the demand on time nor did you inform of the bottleneck regarding the release of these keys.

In my opinion it would be smart to post a thorough update on this situation explaining the bottleneck so you can create calmer waters and more understanding.

Saying something and then not being able to live up to it is never a wise decision...

This all is linear next to the problems of RO2:HOS main release, namely the bugs and ofcoarse broken ranking system (which you are still working on mind you) not to speak of other flaws that definatly need attention but are no excuse to not properly communicate with your community.

Strong ties to your community binding them so you can show off your exemplary service and dedication towards your playerbase should always be someone's priority within the company.

All this said i would like to thank TWI's entire team for the effort they ARE putting in all of this and support them in their upcomming struggles.

P.S.

Either put an intern on the job of distributing key's for a morning (its not that much work hour wise but more of a pain job to do) OR post a clear update on the current standing/situation to let everyone know you are still here and not leaving people hanging in the wind.

Regards

Upvote 0
I had/have a limited amount of keys, and as this is a preview/early version of the sdk they were prioritized to long time map/mod makers in the community and from other communities.

I have been handing them out daily and have handed out nearly 300 of them at this point which just about is the last of my keys. I am currently holding on to the last set for any other mod teams before going back through the list for people I may have missed or passed over earlier.

Upvote 0
I had/have a limited amount of keys, and as this is a preview/early version of the sdk they were prioritized to long time map/mod makers in the community and from other communities.

I have been handing them out daily and have handed out nearly 300 of them at this point which just about is the last of my keys. I am currently holding on to the last set for any other mod teams before going back through the list for people I may have missed or passed over earlier.

Is there any vague estimate when the SDK will be released?

Upvote 0

I'm making a mod. I pmed you. still no key.
tumblr_lrbv2nAfoL1r12qfro1_100.gif

Upvote 0