• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Michael Moore urges boycott of Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demogorgon

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 4, 2005
Oklahoma City
Michael Moore urges boycott of Georgia over Troy Davis execution..

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/09/moore_georgia_boycott.html

""I encourage everyone I know to never travel to Georgia, never buy anything made in Georgia, to never do business in Georgia," Moore wrote on his website in a blog item posted a few hours after Davis' death. "I will ask my publisher to pull my book from every Georgia bookstore and if they won't do that I will donate every dime of every royalty my book makes in Georgia to help defeat the racists and killers who run that state. I ask all Americans with a conscience to shun anything and everything to do with the murderous state of Georgia.""

looks like Tripwire's on the chopping block! i loved moore's work until his anybody but bush movie and his back stabbing of ralph nader. now he's a stinky turd that's turned white and won't go away! boycott georgia and arizona.. what an idiot! lookout guys, moore's minions are gonna throw stones at you!

Well the excecution was controversial, there was no conclusive proof, only eyewitnesses who changed their story several times, some of them even said they were urged by the police to target Troy Davis as the suspect. But I doubt the boycott would solve anything, probably target people that have nothing to do with it. If anything happens at all.

Upvote 0
Well the excecution was controversial, there was no conclusive proof, only eyewitnesses who changed their story several times, some of them even said they were urged by the police to target Troy Davis as the suspect. But I doubt the boycott would solve anything, probably target people that have nothing to do with it. If anything happens at all.

Yep, it's tremendously racist and unjust. Shockingly so. 4 witnesses out of 30+ changed their story, after 20 years. My god, it's impossible to believe. Never mind that there's actual forensic evidence that the guy did it.

A cop killer got executed. Big deal.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm against the death penalty in principle, but if you have to have it at the very least make sure you have 100% conclusive proof the person you have your executioner murder is guilty!

What happened there in Georgia was an outrage, imo. Doesn't mean we hate the people of Georgia now, but your legal system murdered a man without conclusive evidence and you should be as angry about this as everyone else is! Angrier even...

Upvote 0
Ffs Marion I can almost hear the banjo strings getting tuned when I read your post. :p

i lived there for 3 months when my dad got a job working for lockheed martin.. outside atlanta in cobb county, i want to say Smyrna, it was so long ago i forget.. there was a guy that lived a few miles away that had a general lee in his driveway.. down to the rebel flag on the top! i remember thinking we're in hazzard county!!

Upvote 0
Yep, it's tremendously racist and unjust. Shockingly so. 4 witnesses out of 30+ changed their story, after 20 years. My god, it's impossible to believe. Never mind that there's actual forensic evidence that the guy did it.

I've never understood why there's a harsher penalty for mudering a cop over a "civilian". If anything, it should be lighter, cause cops volunteer for the job and should know what to expect. Why is my life worth less than that of a cop?

I guess it's cause the judicial system is completely in bed with law enforcement.

Regardless of whether he did it or not, the death penalty is pure evil.

You don't get do-overs. I wonder how all the pro-death penalty nuts would feel if they were wrongly accused of murder.

Freaking barbaric.

Upvote 0
I've never understood why there's a harsher penalty for mudering a cop over a "civilian". If anything, it should be lighter, cause cops volunteer for the job and should know what to expect. Why is my life worth less than that of a cop?

I guess it's cause the judicial system is completely in bed with law enforcement.

Regardless of whether he did it or not, the death penalty is pure evil.

You don't get do-overs. I wonder how all the pro-death penalty nuts would feel if they were wrongly accused of murder.

Freaking barbaric.

It's also worth noting that absolutely nobody protested that Lawrence Russel Brewer got executed yesterday. Of course, he's a white supremacist who brutally murdered a black man. So hey, it's justice, right? But it's racism when Troy Davis got executed.

It all makes perrrrrrrfect sense to me.

Upvote 0
ding dong the killer is dead

ding dong the killer is dead

disingenuous_trollcat.jpg

Reactions: EvilAmericanMan
Upvote 0

+1
It's also worth noting that absolutely nobody protested that Lawrence Russel Brewer got executed yesterday. Of course, he's a white supremacist who brutally murdered a black man. So hey, it's justice, right? But it's racism when Troy Davis got executed.

It all makes perrrrrrrfect sense to me.
aaaaaaand +1 again.

I was going to actually mention that guy as well, but then I forgot I'm in a German realism unit, so I'm a white supremacist Nazi. :(

This world is so backwards, it's unbelievable.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.