• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I love the fact that soldiers talk with each other

I play with native voices on both sides. The german in particular isn't very hard to pick up (I'm swedish). Just as I picked up the russian fairly quickly in bfbc2. I don't pretend that I speak either language very well, but you don't need a degree to figure out what they are saying. Much more realistic this way too.

Each to their own I suppose. The accented english made me cringe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think so. Not being able to understand the alerts my squadmates are shouting at me would really suck. The enemy team is in their respective language, so it's realistic in the sense that I'm clueless as to what they're saying. But making voice binds useless to anyone who isn't actively reading the chat window at all times is kind of cruel.

If RO1 did that, there'd be no shambeh bambeh... :(
Also, put text on the side like in RO1, problem solved. Why would it be a problem now if it wasn't a problem five years ago?

Upvote 0
Someone already figured out how to change the voices to native, the sound files are still located somewhere in the RO2 folders.
I'm sure its just a matter of time before Tripwire makes it selectable, and if not, spending 10 minutes rigging the game the way you like it is not that hard. Anyone whining about this is really just being picky, all of the sounds are made and ready to use.

If you modify the files not all sounds will play, I've tried it.

Upvote 0
I like some things about it. It's extremely useful for teammates to yell out "Granate!" automatically. This has saved my skin more than once.

However I don't like that my soldier talks when he's out breath.

I also really don't like the fact that your avatar will talk when he's completely by himself. I don't think you should be yelling out taunts and warnings when you're alone.

1) It's illogical/immersion breaking
2) It can be gamebreaking if you're flanking around someone or something by yourself or are surrounded by enemies in a building.

If they can fix those 2 things I will like it a lot.

And yes I highly suggest everyone switch to native it sounds way better.

You can still understand the key stuff (grenade!) so it's no loss really.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If RO1 did that, there'd be no shambeh bambeh... :(
Also, put text on the side like in RO1, problem solved. Why would it be a problem now if it wasn't a problem five years ago?

To many lines and to many playing at one time easily do text and make it read able or with out clogging the screen.

RO1 only had player activated voice commands, which do not get used as often and much more limited in scope.

In RO 1 you likely only had one voice command going off at any one time on a team. In RO2 your likely to have ten voice commands going off at any one time, and a number of thoughs are likely to be longer than their RO1 counter parts as well.

--------------------------------------------------
Though I remember one time in the Beta on Gromrak (SP?)
My Tank was destroyed and i'm watching it burn as a spectator and you could hear "it burns"... "It Hurts"... from in side the burning tank (and in a moaning tone as well). It was quite gut wrenching.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love it when we're a bunch of guys holding a nest and a sl enters and asks "How you holding up?"
Feels like we'e all in this together.

The voices are suberb. It's almost freaky storming a room and then being alone in the wreckage with moaning and gurgling soldiers bleeding on the floor.
Also hearing melee combat in the next room and afterwards sneaking in unsure which side came up on top. Never played a fps which has the same brooding tenseness when nothing is happening.

Upvote 0