• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 Update Released - September 21

GTX 570 running stock, with the 18mb revert patch, I am back to a smooth playable 60-70fps. dipping to 40s in some open areas and heavy firefights 30s. Disabling Steam Overlay adds smoothness an some few extra fps.

This should not be happening for anything over a GTX 460, a UE3 game, DX9..

TW, What are you guys running in house? Im curious as to how you let this slip..
pAetx.png

Thats after a full 20min round of a match in Pavlovs House, Max GPU use was 57%. Still needs work...

Upvote 0
So your saying Tripwire told us that the beta was going to be a fun filled polish experience even though countless times they said it was going to be a real beta? I guess my post still stands.
I'm not saying that at all, you said to the person you quoted that he said the beta was a paid demo when he didn't actully say that, that's what i was getting at (i guess we just read it differently).

I know it was a beta and agree somewhat with what he said, in that it needed a longer one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
HAHAHAHAHA this is even more retarded....Cliffs of Dover had so many problems and performance issues and such on release, even more I would say then Ro2, don't post unless you know what you are talking about. Also Cliffs of Dover only renders a high detail looking water, and high detail looking planes.....the ground and trees and stuff are completely empty and they are low quality as well, they only look high quality from when you are thousands of feet in the air but the ground and trees and such are bad from upclose.

This is like complaining why Tetris runs better then RO2, learn what you are talking about before you post.

The thing is, Cliffs of Dover runs WAYYY better than RO2 on my machine, and yes AT THE RELEASE. And you should take your advice about knowing what your talking about before you post. You have obviously never run IL2: COD of max or you would know better....

Upvote 0
The thing is, Cliffs of Dover runs WAYYY better than RO2 on my machine, and yes AT THE RELEASE. And you should take your advice about knowing what your talking about before you post. You have obviously never run IL2: COD of max or you would know better....

Cliffs of Dover had performance issues EXACTLY like RO2 with people running top of the line hardware and couldn't get good fps, and yes AT THE RELEASE, which is exactly what Ro2 is at right now, Ciffs of Dovers issues were not fixed in a day and neither will RO2s, again know what you are talking about, especially considering Ro2 renders a lot more then Cliffs of Dover

Upvote 0
HAHAHAHA did you just call the beta a prerelease demo? the same beta that had tons of issues and such was a demo? holy **** your retarded.

You should refrain from calling other people retarded until you boost your reading skills beyond the level of a sweatsock. I said what you said -- you just don't know how to read. Or, were you reading it while the shortbus was driving over potholes?

Upvote 0
Cliffs of Dover had performance issues EXACTLY like RO2 with people running top of the line hardware and couldn't get good fps, and yes AT THE RELEASE, which is exactly what Ro2 is at right now, Ciffs of Dovers issues were not fixed in a day and neither will RO2s, again know what you are talking about, especially considering Ro2 renders a lot more then Cliffs of Dover

Its funny cause my hardware ran the game fine. 80-120fps solid. And your telling me, a map that can be ran across in a matter of minutes, renders more than a map that takes around 2 hours to fly across?
The problem with IL2:COD on release, is it was rendering the ENTIRE map no matter where you were. It was three patch's ago where they reduced it to local rendering. PRIOR to that, where YES THE ENTIRE MAP RENDERED, I ran 80-120 fps. NOW I get around 130-150fps SOLID. Once again, TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE.

Upvote 0
Its funny cause my hardware ran the game fine. 80-120fps solid. And your telling me, a map that can be ran across in a matter of minutes, renders more than a map that takes around 2 hours to fly across?
The problem with IL2:COD on release, is it was rendering the ENTIRE map no matter where you were. It was three patch's ago where they reduced it to local rendering. PRIOR to that, where YES THE ENTIRE MAP RENDERED, I ran 80-120 fps. NOW I get around 130-150fps SOLID. Once again, TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE.

Guess what...I run RO2 on Ultra fine yet I know there are people with performance issues, there were people WITH BETTER specs then you who couldn't run Cliffs of Dover fine, so basically your being a selfish prick if you don't have issues then everything is fine? and if you do everything isn't?

Wow your a moron.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Guess what...I run RO2 on Ultra fine yet I know there are people with performance issues, there were people WITH BETTER specs then you who couldn't run Cliffs of Dover fine, so basically your being a selfish prick if you don't have issues then everything is fine? and if you do everything isn't?

Wow your a moron.

Can you type a sentence that doesn't contain a personal insult in it? Can't wait for you to reply with an insult. And by the way, since you're constantly calling people "retards" and "morons," perhaps you may like to learn that the contraction for "you are" is "you're," not "your." :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Srinidhalaya
Upvote 0
I think people need to remember that when you think of the programming team behind RO2, think on the scale of programmers writing Terraria or Minecraft, not the number of programmers writing WoW. There's just a few of them, and they have to sleep and eat sometime, so they'll come out with smaller patches over a longer period of time than a studio with 50 programmers. Just get into a cryogenic chamber for a few months and come back to RO2--there will be a bunch of improvements, new maps, new mods, etc. etc. Take a snack though, you'll get hungry.

Upvote 0