• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SVT40 is WRONG. please fix it!

Haha, I bet a modder could do it faster...and probably that's where we will have to turn for this fix....Tripwire hasn't responded to this thread after they said it was "good enough", I'm sure they still feel the same way...

Go ahead, prove it. Make a modified texture, apply it to the game, test it to make sure it works under all conditions, then send it off to steam to be rolled out as a patch. Show us how it's done, master.

If it was that easy, you wouldn't be ****ing complaining about it. Grow up.

Reactions: THunter and LMAOser
Upvote 0
Really? You know this how? Just what does TWI have to do to roll out a patch on Steam? You clearly know all about it, so do tell.

The only pricks I see around here have a bee in their bonnet about a texture they shouldn't even be looking at.

How do i know it will add to the immersion when i'm playing? I dont know let me ask myself...:confused:

ME: you think it will be more immersive if the guns are true to their real life counterparts?
ME: Yes.

Well, there you have it

It wont take all that long to re-texture 2 parts of the gun, i know, i've made textures before.

Never made mention of the patch process though steam, as i have no experience with that; not too sure where you got that from.

If you reread my post a bit more carefully you'll see i was referring only to the correction process, not the distribution.

You like tossing in your own words dont you?

Upvote 0
Funny because I was just in game, and my 91/30 bolt wasn't blued. As a matter of fact, it was changed exactly like I said it was going to be. It is a little dirty on the lower experience levels, but it is DEFINITELY not blued like it was in the alpha.

Regarding the SVT40 - the weapon in game was modeled off of my personal SVT40. It is not a later import as it has no import markings on it. It may possibly have been refinished in Russian in the 50's or 60's before it was sent here, of that I am unsure. Either way, it's the best example of a pristine SVT-40 I've ever seen, and the one in game is good enough for me.

The very fact that you own an SVT 40 and are one of Tripwire makes me feel damn good that I just re-bought the game.

Kudos, chum.

Upvote 0
Go ahead, prove it. Make a modified texture, apply it to the game, test it to make sure it works under all conditions, then send it off to steam to be rolled out as a patch. Show us how it's done, master.

Can you take it easy, buddy? There are plenty of ways to disagree with someone other than launching on a diatribe. I've noticed a similar pattern with some of your other posts as well. Let's try and keep the forums a little more neutral.

Upvote 0
I owned a SVT-40,Tula Arsenal 1941,in mint condition.It didn't fire full auto like the one in the game can.It was a very unreliable rifle,the gas system is primitive and fragile.My rifle would malfunction often,you had to disassemble it to reseat the piston rod.Wouldn't want to be in combat with it,and it was not accurate.

Felix

Reactions: THunter
Upvote 0
I owned a SVT-40,Tula Arsenal 1941,in mint condition.It didn't fire full auto like the one in the game can.It was a very unreliable rifle,the gas system is primitive and fragile.My rifle would malfunction often,you had to disassemble it to reseat the piston rod.Wouldn't want to be in combat with it,and it was not accurate.

Felix

That's unfortunate. Are you sure it wasn't just yours by any chance? I personally don't have any experience with it, however I've always read positive things about it especially when compared to German semi-auto rifles.

Upvote 0
I agree with the OP, I noticed this myself before the beta was even up. Historically inaccurate, but apparently that's good enough. Considering the k98 sniper rifle in RO1 had it's saftey switch in the on position and was never fixed either, it will probably remain. So, whats next on the list of good enough? Flecktarn clad SS units?

Upvote 0

You vastly overestimate the difficulty in making a slight alteration to a skin, especially a situation like this where all you have to do is change the tone of a part of it.

I did this in one hour and I only have self-taught photoshop abilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mosin
Upvote 0
you know...
the old norse poets said something about
"Be careful what you say and how you say it, you might hurt someone without intending to, might offend someone by accident.
One word can change a man's opinion of you, or the world."

so do be careful how you phrase things, and if you're in a bad mood, wait for a better time to comment.

toodles

Upvote 0

Felix

off topic, sorry //

The rifle of yours was broken. The piston rod coming off is a common problem and it

Upvote 0
Can you take it easy, buddy? There are plenty of ways to disagree with someone other than launching on a diatribe. I've noticed a similar pattern with some of your other posts as well. Let's try and keep the forums a little more neutral.

I stopped responding to him because any furthering of my point was apparently grounds for a Warcrimes Tribunal. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Funny because I was just in game, and my 91/30 bolt wasn't blued. As a matter of fact, it was changed exactly like I said it was going to be. It is a little dirty on the lower experience levels, but it is DEFINITELY not blued like it was in the alpha.

Regarding the SVT40 - the weapon in game was modeled off of my personal SVT40. It is not a later import as it has no import markings on it. It may possibly have been refinished in Russian in the 50's or 60's before it was sent here, of that I am unsure. Either way, it's the best example of a pristine SVT-40 I've ever seen, and the one in game is good enough for me.

The game isn't supposed to be good for YOU. It's supposed to be good to the PLAYERS.

You're not in a mod dev team like project reality hurr durr we are the devs the mod is free its made for us so shut up players hurrrrr.

We paid for this alpha version that you released as official. 40 damn bucks, the 40 bucks I regret the most to have spent this year.

Wake up buddy, as somebody said, you're not EA or something else to don't give a **** to the players and think that if it's good for you it's enough. Your "software house" is small. Very small. You're not going too far this way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My Tula was crazy unreliable. The gas system is super tiny and with highly corrosive x54r, it fouled badly after 200rds. I used it reenacting and it was even worse (blanks are even dirtier). I often would have to pull back from the "Fighting", kick my bolt open, lube the gun down enough to be able to strip it, clean it, reassemble, then cycle back in.

The G43 had problems, but they were mostly related to latewar production quality, rather than design flaws like the SVT. I would take a mauser over an SVT on a 2-way range, any day, just for the greatly increased reliability.

ETA: Oh and the finish on that birch stock came off if you looked @ it too hard. =(

I hate to piss you off, but this is why you clean your rifle. Good infantry men clean their weapon every chance they get. My SVT functions fine with corrosive ammo because I clean it.

Reactions: THunter
Upvote 0
I hate to piss you off, but this is why you clean your rifle. Good infantry men clean their weapon every chance they get. My SVT functions fine with corrosive ammo because I clean it.

I believe he stated that he does clean it, but it gets very unreliable after a certain number of rounds go through it during one session, which forces him to clean it right away rather than waiting until the session is over.

Upvote 0