• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SVT40 is WRONG. please fix it!

Funny because I was just in game, and my 91/30 bolt wasn't blued. As a matter of fact, it was changed exactly like I said it was going to be. It is a little dirty on the lower experience levels, but it is DEFINITELY not blued like it was in the alpha.

Regarding the SVT40 - the weapon in game was modeled off of my personal SVT40. It is not a later import as it has no import markings on it. It may possibly have been refinished in Russian in the 50's or 60's before it was sent here, of that I am unsure. Either way, it's the best example of a pristine SVT-40 I've ever seen, and the one in game is good enough for me.

My unmarked 40 Tula was plum bolt/electropencilled too. Because it was re-arsenaled postwar, in Russia. You don't see many original bolt SVT's in the US, because they were so poorly maintained by the troops they were issued to. If you don't already have it, you (John) should buy the English translation of the SVT40 manual. It's amusing, as the troubleshooting section's entries tend to all read like this: "Charge the weapon, attempt to fire, if that doesn't work report to your Platoon Commander, or anyone else in your unit who has encountered a machine more complex than a Horse Drawn Plow before."

You see Russian Capture K98's with plum extractors and other parts too. It's not something you saw on original issue weapons.

ETA: It's not a huge issue, I guess, but for those of us who know, it's like having a Chinese T-53 modelled in game instead of an M44 carbine.

Last edited:
Reactions: .:CM'].[Diablo
Upvote 0
I'm sitting at my desk at work, so I can't see firsthand, but does the SVT40 in-game actually have an electropenciled serial on the bolt? I thought the Russians did all the electropenciling to match mis-matched gunparts after the war.

I know it's plum, but I haven't seen the electropencil. OP said it was there, so I believed him. Yes the postwar rearsenaling process used electropencils to "Force-match" rifles.

Upvote 0
In case people didn't catch on... Low experience level weapons are dirty and worn, as you gain experience your weapons increase in performance and also they become cleaner and more shiny.

Those of you with bayonet unlocks should notice that your Mosin Nagants are slightly cleaner than they were before.
Except you don't gain experience currently.

Upvote 0
I totally agree with the idea. I also got a tula refurbished. It has the plum bolt. But like they said, it was silver color at the time. And if you ain't got import marks on yours doesn't mean it's not imported.

IMG_0584.jpg

1-6.jpg

Don't mind the green circle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you guys are THAT into realism that a bolt being different colored is ruining your gameplay experience? I love realism but I'm not going to say something not being completely historically accurate is going to piss me off as much as it is to you guys.. Jesus, Realism Nazi's 12 o clock! Or would it be historical accuracy nazi's? Whatever.

Upvote 0
you guys are THAT into realism that a bolt being different colored is ruining your gameplay experience? I love realism but I'm not going to say something not being completely historically accurate is going to piss me off as much as it is to you guys.. Jesus, Realism Nazi's 12 o clock! Or would it be historical accuracy nazi's? Whatever.

It's all relative. If you don't know what the plum bolt indicates, obviously you won't know care. The OP seems to be more upset about it than me, but it's definitely wrong and readily noticeable.

Upvote 0
Funny because I was just in game, and my 91/30 bolt wasn't blued. As a matter of fact, it was changed exactly like I said it was going to be. It is a little dirty on the lower experience levels, but it is DEFINITELY not blued like it was in the alpha.

Regarding the SVT40 - the weapon in game was modeled off of my personal SVT40. It is not a later import as it has no import markings on it. It may possibly have been refinished in Russian in the 50's or 60's before it was sent here, of that I am unsure. Either way, it's the best example of a pristine SVT-40 I've ever seen, and the one in game is good enough for me.

For a company that calimed how historically accurate and how in depth the weapons and historical details were going to be I wouldnt expect this type of reply. You guys went through the trouble of adding serial numbers, markings, waffenamts and 3 letter code markings to your firearms in RO2 but you cant acknowledge the fact that the color of the plum bolt is wrong? Something soo obvious and noticeable than a tiny serial number or manufacter's marking?

Now I understand you guys are gamers and developers first, not historians or firearms experts but this is a valid thread and a valid issue. The least we would like you guys to do is acknowledge our complaints, opinions and simply say "We'll look into it" or "Well have our art team correct this issue after were not soo busy because were swamped after our games release."

Not "Well thats how it is, its good enough for me"

This thread couldve been over and done with and alot of with alot of satisfied people if you simply said "We'll look into it." Now, because of that kind of "its good enough for me" reply everybody is going to voice thier negative opinions and complaints. Myself included. :rolleyes:

Negative responses like that piss your customers off & hurts your company's image. It gives us that "We dont care what you think" impression. Doing nothing about a complaint is far worse than doing something about it. If your team decides to go through the trouble correct this issue and other issues similiar to it when you guys have the time available to do so, itll actually prove to us that youre listening to the community and sincerely CARE about making RO2 a FUN and most historically correct FPS to date.

No hard feelings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

It isn't blued, it's definitely changed. I can vouch for that.

Upvote 0
Wow, some people here are crazy! The red plum bolt is from the re-arsenal blue, not original and not period correct. They brought some svt's in in the 1960's that won't have an import mark, but are re-arsenal none the less. It's just upsetting because the k98 and mosin are well represented. I'm not trying to prioritize anything, it's just incorrect. A few people here seem to understand.

No arsenal uses crappy eltro pencil on new guns. It's only used to force match because it's cheap as hell to do.

Upvote 0
For a company that calimed how historically accurate and how in depth the weapons and historical details were going to be I wouldnt expect this type of reply. You guys went through the trouble of adding serial numbers, markings, waffenamts and 3 letter code markings to your firearms in RO2 but you cant acknowledge the fact that the color of the plum bolt is wrong? Something soo obvious and noticeable than a tiny serial number or manufacter's marking?

Now I understand you guys are gamers and developers first, not historians or firearms experts but this is a valid thread and a valid issue. The least we would like you guys to do is acknowledge our complaints, opinions and simply say "We'll look into it" or "Well have our art team correct this issue after were not soo busy because were swamped after our games release."

Not "Well thats how it is, its good enough for me"

This thread couldve been over and done with and alot of with alot of satisfied people if you simply said "We'll look into it." Now, because of that kind of "its good enough for me" reply everybody is going to voice thier negative opinions and complaints. Myself included. :rolleyes:

Negative responses like that piss your customers off & hurts your company's image. It gives us that "We dont care what you think" impression. Doing nothing about a complaint is far worse than doing something about it. If your team decides to go through the trouble correct this issue and other issues similiar to it when you guys have the time available to do so, itll actually prove to us that youre listening to the community and sincerely CARE about making RO2 a FUN and most historically correct FPS to date.

No hard feelings.

QFT...either you go all the way, as you advertised, or don't bother with the details in the first place. "Good enough", is starting to seem like it was said often during RO2's development...

Upvote 0

This attitude is wrong in so many ways I can't decide where to begin...
How can you even think of saying something like this? As a president of a really small gaming company compared to the giants like EA you can not afford being such a complete douchebag.
Looking at the historical photos of locations it's clear that you have a capable 3D designer team cause they did an outstanding job with the maps. How long would it take for that team to simply change the color of a rifle bolt? 10 minutes?
Simply saying that you might implement that change after real problems have been fixed would grant you additional respect from people who actually care about such details and everyone on the forums in general. Instead you choose to spit in the face of paying customers who obviously really care about this stupid rifle bolt by saying you will do NOTHING to try and please them.

So damn disapointing.

EDIT: What's even more wrong with this picture is that your comment instantly got 10 likes by asslickers who probably don't even understand how wrong your attitude really is, and the people who simply wanted to help you implement something into the game which would add to the authenticity and historical accuraccy got sh*t on and made fun of.

Sad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just reiterating what as been said really; its a small oversight, but if you know about it it is annoying. Wouldn't be that hard you you guys to change and I think it needs doing.
Your attitude is very bad, with all the trouble there is with RO2 it might be an idea to work with people on issues like this to try and win back some customer respect....

You are not a big company so cannot afford to be rude to customers, you don't have a massive amount to lose.

Reactions: THunter
Upvote 0