• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What happened to the death moans and such?

I could almost swear they took the good things from the beta, pitched them, and made the game worse :| Really hope TWI can fix this game up really quickly. The constant crashing has made this game unbearable for me, and some of the maps are pitiful meatgrinders. Commissar's House, first spawn set, it's just a wicked gang-rape. Leave the building and immediately shot. Could use some more cover than the dinky walls littered around the place.

Upvote 0
I hope we get this back in as well, I want to be able to go into a room, shoot 2 guys, have 1 guy yelling for his mother and one guy choking on his own blood which adds A LOT to the game, it would be nice if it gets fixed (when I mean by it would be nice, I mean please fix it, it was amazing)

Also on an unrelated note is there a config option to put in more bullet hole decals, it's annoying to shoot someone once and see a bullet hole in their stomach and such which is awesome and shoot another and see no bullet holes and he just falls over.

Upvote 0
I run into a Russian, and put half a mag of p-38 into him, and he fell over, and started moaning and groaning. I almost felt bad for him. I put the rest of the mag into him, to put him out of his misery, but he kept going for another minute or so.
You should be able to end their misery by shooting them to death after that. I tried that too but it didnt work.

Also on an unrelated note is there a config option to put in more bullet hole decals, it's annoying to shoot someone once and see a bullet hole in their stomach and such which is awesome and shoot another and see no bullet holes and he just falls over.
This is not soldier of fortune I guess but it would be nice to see exactly where you shot them.
I miss this in 99% of all FPS games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My money is on bugs with multichannel audio (we experienced plenty of that in beta) screwing up performance, causing audio crashes (still happening right now), poor latency or FPS.

Pretty sure you don't blow $10,000 or more on voice actors for this stuff then let it go in the trash. It may have been an issue of them over doing it slightly though.

Upvote 0
Can we have any word for that. Did they remove it or it's really a bug ? :confused:

since it's still present and awesome in SP, the bug theory is weaker, but given the abundance of bugs ingame, one can hope.
however, I get the feeling someone just thought it's "too much" for the MP experience and had it removed. just wish we had a say in this also. keep bumping till we get a word on this.

Upvote 0
since it's still present and awesome in SP, the bug theory is weaker, but given the abundance of bugs ingame, one can hope.

Surely if it works in SP but not MP the bug argument is stronger.

It's clear they haven't removed it from the game for censorship if they're happily gargling away in singleplayer, so why remove it from the multiplayer aspect?

It's not as if the SP side of RO2 is a million miles, or even a hundred miles from the MP side..

Surely a bug, or removed as part of bug prevention.

Upvote 0
I posted this in the technical help sub.

Noticed this myself, the start of Beta was great, the screams of pain whilst your fighting off an Axis advance whilst your comrades lie dieing, it really gives a sense of the horror of war, and for me made a great feel to the game,

I no longer have the sound FX though, like many just have a guy wriggling around on the floor and no sound.

I only get the pain noise from the wounded bandaging.

Upvote 0